Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The sound out of the stock pick-ups is amazing. It has very little next to no feedback on high volume settings. I play everything from jazz to hard rock, and this guitar gets the job done. After a while you may want to change the pick-ups, and I recommend Seymour Duncans JB and '59 or EMGs active '81/'85 sets. Overall awesome sound!

I saved up for a long time for this guitar, and it was worth every penny! The look of it alone was worth the $299.99 I paid for it! If this guitar was stolen I would definitly replace it with the same thing or save a little longer and get a higher end Schecter. Schecter has my business from now on. So if you are debating about it, get a Schecter, you'll fall in love no matter how good you are!

Yes, this guitar would withstand live playing, I plan on keeping this guitar for a long, time. The strap-buttons are solid and my strap has not come off once, a nice change from my Ibanez, where I had to keep catching my guitar before it hit the floor. The finish is very beatiful, I have the gloss black, it is hard to keep clean though, so if you are someone who does not wipe their guitar off often (shame on you) then I would get the walnut satin version.

The guitar came with the action a little high for my tastes, but a little change with a screw driver and I fixed it without and trouble. My guitar was not in tune when it arrived, but again, it wasn't really a big deal to fix. I did notice a few flaws, such as small scratches and a badly filed fret wire, that were very minor (I am exteremly picky) so I was not happy about that, but none of them affected how the guitar played.

Made in 2006 in China, the Omen 6 has 24 jumbo frets with a 25.5" scale. It has a basswood body with a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. I got the Gloss Black finish, and it is beautiful. It has a Strat body style with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a string-thru body. It comes with Diamond high-output dual humbucking pickups and a three-way selecter Switch. Although it said on Musicians Friend that the tuners were Diamond, mine came with Grover tuners, but hey, I am not complaining. It also came with a warranty card and a instrument cable (which was pretty cheap).

Jondy
    The Omen 6 is a great sounding and playing guitar, and for a very low price. Unless you've got thousands to spend on a guitar, this is the best bang for your buck.
    [Creative Name]
    An absolutely amazing guitar for the price being paid. Great for my style of music which is mainly Blues, Jazz, Rock, and a little metal.