Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: guitar center Kirkland, WA

This guitar suits my all around rock style pretty well but if I had the money then I would get the Schecter c1 special. The frets higher up tend to get a little too small and is very difficult to finger the 24 frets. The harmonics are great and loud all the way down the finger board. Not so great for pick slides, you'll get some sound of the strings main sound during the slide.

I have been playing for over a year and am very serious about it and so I can play just about any thing more advanced than most that have been playing for a year. I own a Vox valvetronix amp which in my opinion is the best practice amp ever designed. and at not a bad price. it has enough effects to keep me happy for a long time. for the guitar, I wish it had better set of pickups so I don't get as much hum as I am right now.

Every thing is perfect, the strings when they get old they will lose tone and the higher up the further off the pitch but that is just the strings. Only if you have major problems with that then it wont help your Live playing. I have played in a few gigs around Washington and I would recommend new strings before the gig or competition.

The action, fit and finish is perfect. Every thing was set together very well with only a few scratches from a demo earlier in the month but everything is really great. This is a quality looking guitar and I will always have this one around for practice.

The all new Schecter Diamond series omen six solid body (in black) is a 24 jumbo fret noob to advanced player hard rock guitar that loves to hit low power chords and high octave riffs. Kinda like a Stratocaster because it fits better in a Strat case than any other. The neck is somewhat thick but it helps you enable your hand to stretch more for other guitars. It has a poor volume knob that kills your gain the lower it is, a gain knob that will have a weird tone when low and a lead/rhythm switch which is actually not that bad. I always keep the knobs all the way up and the switch is more for preference if you like a really sharp or smooth tone. I love this guitar on the ac-30 or above amps, UK modern, nu metal, UK '80s. Just amps with a lot of crunch and gain or less hum because the dual humbuckers will pick up a lot of hum no matter what amp you are using. I didn't get any extras with it, just the guitar, case, cord, strap and amp I all payed on my own budget.

TiDyCaTT900
    Ive always wanted a Schecter...Im jelous of you guys that do..but id buy the blackjack 7 string...sweet guitars.
    fire within
    if it didnt have a bold on neck i might get it when i have the money i just prefer neck through or set necks
    KORN-FREAK30215
    dude i got this thing as my first guitar and god man i couldent have asked for any thing better i can play in drop A [and i do offten] and not lose any quality whatsoever KORN FREAK
    punkMETALskater
    ive played one of these b4,it had a red finish,it was sweet!,sounded awesome,its the best guitar for its price and i wish i had the cash at the tiome to buy it,but i didnt,i want one!
    Devon_555
    I own this guitar and absolutly love it. Tuning is awsome, can go lower than you would expect. The only downside is the black finish gets fingerprints on it too easy and you cant get a whammy bar for it. Overall though, best guitar you can buy for the money hands down. I wanna replace the pick-ups w/ EMGs soon.
    Yngwie #1
    I don't much care for Schechter guitars (emo guitars). Buy yourself a Dean, an ESP, or a Jackson guitar, there the best for metal. I play a Vendetta and a Razorback ML and the tone could'nt sound better.