Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: Gear 1 Music

As for the sound, it's capable of some pretty good tones surprisingly. This guitar can easily handle anything from Blues to Death Metal. Eventually, you probably will want to upgrade the pickups, but what do you expect from a $300 guitar? With that said, they are very nice quality for what they are. The pickups can be a little noisy, but only at maximum gain levels. That's typical of many many guitars. I wouldn't let this get in the way of purchasing it.

This is a very nice guitar for players of all ages and skill levels that don't want to fork over a ton of money on a guitar. This guitar is built to last, and possibly the best you can get in this price range. If it were lost or stolen though, I wouldn't get another one of these. Mainly because by then, I'd want to upgrade to something better anyway.

This guitar is gig worthy. Sounds nice, strap buttons are solid, it takes a while before it goes out of tune, and I've banged it against things multiple times and there are no chips or warping anywhere on the guitar. I would have a backup guitar with me though, primarily because I don't trust guitar strings. Always have a backup guitar no matter what incase a string breaks!

The finish is basic, but nice. I got the Metallic Blue version. Smudges appear at a moderate level. Not too much, but not perfectly clean either. The neck and the bridge however, annoy me. These two things are both personal preference, but for me, I find the neck to be too small. Too small as in it's not wide enough across for my liking, and I don't have big hands. The bridge needs to be adjusted, because for a guitar built to rock, shred, etc the action is a little too high. I haven't owned many guitars, so I'm not sure if it's different for others, but dust collects up pretty fast under the strings/bridge. And it is very noticeable. The knobs, Switch, and the strap buttons are perfectly held in place, so no worries about that.

The Schecter Omen 6 is quite possibly the best guitar you can get in the price range, especially if you're looking to play rock or metal. The Omen comes with a 25.5" bolt-on neck, with a Basswood body, maple/rosewood fretboard, and dot inlays. There is 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3-way pickup switch. The pickups are the Standard Schecter Diamond Series humbuckers, and the tuners are also Standard. This guitar is available in gloss black with chrome hardware, Metallic Blue with chrome hardware, and Walnut Satin with black hardware. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with a thru-body, allowing a great deal of sustain, and enabling the guitar to stay in tune for longer periods of time. All of the essentials needed for a decent guitar are here, though it would be nice if you could get different bridges, like a Floyd Rose.