Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

My style of music is large, but would mainly consist of metal, rock, and jazz fusion. This guitar does bode well with those styles, but given the lacking "Diamond series" stock pickups included in this guitar, the sound is horrid. The tone knob really only gives you two tones for this guitar, sharp and cutting or dull and morose. This guitar may be good for some beginners, but if you're planning on investing in a second guitar, this is not for you.

As I have said before, I play metal, rock, and jazz fusion. I have been playing for three years, and I own an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Ibanez RG350DX, Ovation Celebrity, and Takamine Jasmine. Considering that this is a Schecter, it will definitely be a match. However the pickups disapoint severely, as does all the hardware on this guitar. I would recommend this to those Who like to customize their guitars, otherwise don't get this.

About the only thing I really likee about this guitar, the fact that everything on it is reliable. The guitar will definitely withstand Live playing (albeit the fact that it will sound bad), the strapbuttons are solid as well. The finish is durable too, but I wouldn't go as far as going to a show without a backup, because a backup guitar is always a neccesity.

Factory Setups will almost always displease the customer, it is a factory after all. The action was a little too high, the pickups were adjusted fine, as was everything else. So I just fixed this guitar to my likings, which didn't take too long. There were no flaws on this guitar at all, so I have little to complain about.

Made in Korea, this guitar sports 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, a maple neck, basswood body, tuno-matic bridge, string thru body, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3-way selector, shoddy Diamond series pickups, and a brown finish. In short, the features are nothing to go crazy over and are fairly Standard.

A_Syn_7_Gates_X
    does anyone no if you can get this guitar in white? cos i already have a black Ibanez GRG270 in Gloss Black and it sucks for fingerprints and marks cheers and schecters rule!!!!