Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: friends Bro

I play quite a bit of differnt stuff, from blues to powerpop to deathmetal, and honestly everything is effing amazing, I love the sound of this guitar. I'm using it with a Randall RG100SC wich I got from the same guy and they sound amazing. It's a very quiet guitar, and doesn't get very much feedback. Like I said you can pretty much play whatever with this guitar, but it is definately a guitar built for metal, (for example, Job For a Cowboy, See you Next Tuesday, The Dillinger Escape Plan) but you could play classic rock on it and still be satisfied. All in all, tis amazing.

I play pretty much anyhting but my heart really lies in metal, and it is a great match. You can hear pretty much everynote and sound really good, it's clear and sharp sound wich makes it good for solo's or chords or whatever. I'ver been playing only for a year now but I have had a lot of experience in playing (like 7 hours a day every day almost) and me and my friends play quite technical stuff. I also own a Martin DR.rosewood wich also has a pretty nice sound, and a Yamaha F180 wich ia an amazing acoustic guitar, even thgough it's like 35 years old. If this guitar was stolen I would definately buy it again, the only thing is I would get the FR version with the Whammy bar. What I really love about this gutiar is jsut how it plays, it has pretty decent sized fretts and I can play comfortably wherever. The action is nice and low so you don't have to put a lot of pressure on the strings, and that makes it easier for sweetp picking and just moving your hands fast. There is seriously nothing I hate about this guitar, it plays and sounds amazing. One day I had it at school my math teacher(Who plays guitar) asked to see it and never put it down all day apparently, he completely ignored everyone, and kept saying "it's a beautiful guitar" to me haha, twas interesting. I did not compare this with other guitars before buying, because this is the first guitar that "I" bought, but after playing other guitars at shops and my friends guitars I'd say I haven't found a guitar as good as it for the music I play. That's all I can say, it's an amazing guitar, no matter what you wanna play this will do the trick. I'd deffinately recommend you trying it out.

I haven't used this guitar Live but I would definately say it would withstand playing Live, because the previous owner played live in a lot, and they were a crazy bunch of kids, they jumped around a lot and spun the guitar around, played the other persons guitar. I'd say the hardware will last, it's a few years old and still works really good, the straps buttons are pretty good, allthought they do slip every once in a while, but I think that is mostly because of the strap and the guitar being at a wierd angel. The finish seems to have warn off, or at least the realy shiny finish, but besides that it's pretty good, doesn't get scratched from the pick or anything. I would say I can definately depened on this guitar. I would use a back up but that would only for a diferent tunning, I don't think it owuld break down in the middle of a gig.

I didn't get it from the factory, so I can't really comment to much on this, but everything isgood on it. The Action on it is pretty, low, and I like it that way, it takes nothing to push the strings down, wich makes doing solo type stuff crazy easy. Sometimes with lower action the strings hit the frets when you hit them, but it's not the case, the only time it does that is on the top string second fret and only if you hit it really hard. There was only one flaw in the guitar I could see, a nut was loose around the jack and after a bit of time the wires inside worn away, but all I needed to do was sauder it and tighten it up. There was a pretty big chip in the the body, but that's ok, gives it some personality.

The Omen 6 was made in the US, but I'm not qutie sure what year it was made. It has a 24 jumbo frett board made of rosewood. the body is made out of basswood. it has two buttons, one that controls, volume and one that I think controls contour. it has a three way Switch, I mostly keep it in the lower one because it has a bit more definition for everynote you pluck. It has a non-lock tunning system, wich I like because I change the tunning qutie a bit. The guitar was quite a deal because it actually came with a Randall RG100SC amp, haha, really I payed 250 for each.

Thud
    Vulture1 wrote: ESP > Schecter?
    Schecter=ESP Both are in the same catagory of amazingness.
    Clinton133
    Im Hoping to get on of these guitars as my first guitar. but with a Floyd Rose Bridge on it. Im excited