Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: eBay

My style ranges from Lamb Of God & Metallica to led zeppelin & Hendrix. My amps include a Line 6 spider II (eww wtf lol), and a Boss GT-6, but I use my pa system more of the time. This guitar is versitile to play both ranges pretty nicely. Again, I said the pickups could be replaced, but the pickups already in place sound decent enough. The bridge pickup brings the crunch I look for in my playing and also they are hot enough to bring out my pinch harmonics. The neck pickups suit blues tones and give a thick, warm clean. Better than I expected from stock.

Overall, beginner/intermediate guitarists should give this guitar a try. I also should mention that those with experience with tones, change the pickups to further enhance your overall tone, but stock still will do the job. Glad I bought this guitar, best thing thing I've ever bought and will keep me playing for many many many years!

I've dropped this guitar once, and it bounced without a scratch lol. The black finish leaves scratches and dents visible in certain lighting so beware of that. I've used it Live all the time with no backup and I can safely say I can depend on it without a worry. Yeah maybe I'd have a backup, but for now, I'm cool. A little complaint I do have is the strap buttons, they're too big for the strap locks I have that I used to put on my old guitar, but the buttons are big enough to keep your strap from falling off and hitting the floor.

This guitar sells for like 400 I think and I managed to get this one off ebay for 200. I got it Brand New, except there was a very tiny blemish that the guitar store found unacceptable, lucky me:). The gloss black finish is what I got, and honestly I can't stand it. It's sexy definatly, but with dust build up on occasion, it attracts fingerprints like a magnet. but the chrome knobs, bridge and tuners on the black body look awesome.

This was my second guitar that I bought to upgrade from my Strat copy. I believe it was made in 2004, and from korea. It's a solid basswood body, 24 fret rosewood neck with Dot inlays, tune o matic bridge with string thru body, stock Schecter Diamond pickups, Diamond tuners, 1 vol, 1 tone, and a 3 way Switch. This guitar is equipped with Standard equipment, and was more or less made for the beginner or intermediate guitarist. It has potential to be better, it just requires certain upgrades, such as the pickups.