Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: GuitarCenter.com

I am a hard rock/metal type of player and while I can get into softer stuff I prefer music with clean vocals and heavy riffs such as Alter Bridge for example. This guitar was born to play metal but I find it suits my playing just fine for anything other than 60's rock (just general time period). I use a Crate stack with this guitar and it always comes out nice and beefy and with a flick of a Switch it will adapt and play to my leads. I like the neck pickup a lot because the deep tone sounds great when mixed with the semi decent bridge pickup. I might later change out for tremonti's. This guitar is very good for harmonics, and fast leads over the neck. When I got mine though the frets seemed they needed to be shaved down a little.

For the price this is an amazingly shred guitar, the pick ups sound great and with a few tweaks can sound even better for being series standards. Action may be high when you buy it but it isn't a real issue to fix. I recommend this guitar to anyone looking for hard riffs, face melting solos, and an empty wallet.

The guitar holds up amazing and I have no real complaints aside from the back strap hook is stipping out, but that can easily be player error. I have also dropped this guitar quite a few times and have yet to see any paint chips or damage on the guitar.

For what it's worth, the guitar was set up very good at the factory, my only complaint was the action was not low enough for me right from the get go (which is weird cause for a metal guitar it would kind of go without saying to have it low) but I fixed that easy enough. The hardware is holding up nice and after 8 months it still hasn't started to oxidize on me unlike other guitars I play in hot bars. The finish is beautiful and there is just something amazing about seeing your reflection in the body of a lucious black guitar.

This guitar features the traditional Strat style body many Schecter guitars share. Honestly though I don't like comparing it to a Strat cause the body really doesn't look like it aside from the horns. Has string through body and the Diamond series bridge and neck pickups. Contains 1 volume, and 1 tone knob with a 3-way Switch. Has 24 frets.