Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

This guitar greatly suits my music style because I can easily find the tone I need for a part with out any hassle. I play a lot of different types of music between punk, alternative, hard rock, and metal, and this guitar can cover it all. It even gives a very full and rich clean tone when I need it as I tend to Switch my distortion pedal off a lot for some songs. I'm using a Vox Ac30vt and my only pedal is my Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal. This guitar will get very noisy if you want it to, but other than that, no, it is actually very quiet on both clean and distortion and on either pickup. The cleans are CLEAN! You probably couldn't get a richer/fuller sound out of a lot of other guitars. They higher notes are also very bright and precise. The sounds you can make with this guitar is really whatever sound you want to make with it. You just can't do dive bombs since of the lack of a tremelo.

I play a lot of fast punk, calm alternative, hard rock and metal and this guitar covers it all. I've been playing for about a year now and I also use a Fender Strat and my friend's Ibanez RG a lot and I choose tthis guitar over both of them. The only thing I wish this guitar had were coil taps. If this guitar were stolen, I'd definately buy it again, but I'd make sure the thief wouldn't be able to have children. I love everything about it and I hate nothing about it. Get this guitar, plain and simple!

This guitar will last me a really long time. I've already gigged with it twice and the hardware and strap buttons are completely solid! I don't even need strap locks for it, only because the strap I bought before the guitar was a Rock Steady strap that removes the need for strap locks. I giiged with it twice as my main guitar, but I bing back-ups because of different tunings I use. If I was only using the one tuning, I'd bring that guitar with no back-up. The finish is strong but like any other finish, it will wear away, I'm just not too sure how long that will be with this guitar.

The set up was almost perfect when I got it, the only problem was that it had a little bit of fret buzz, but it was a Brand New guitar and had to be played in. I also swapped the stock strings for a lighter gauge. It came with 10's, I threw on 9's. As soon as I switched the strings, there was no buzz. The action was absolutely just where I wanted it to be, not too high, but not too low, just perfect. The bridge pickup was set up a little too high and the neck pickup a little too low, but that was IT! But that problem was minor, so I don't even count it. This guitar came with no flaws what'soever, elitrical nor cosmetical.

This is a 2008 model that was made in China. There are 24 Jumbo frets on a 25 1/2 scale. The neck is a bolt-on. It's a solid top guitar made of basswood for the body, a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. I got my guitar in the Walnut Satin finish and it is a VERY deep red, which absolutely adore. The body is Strat-style but with deeper cut-aways for the high frets. The bridge is a Tune-o-matic string-thru. The pickups are passive with just the bridge and neck. They are Schecter Diamond pickups that actually sound really well. It's got one volume knob and one tone knob, and a three-way Switch.The tuners are basic, non-locking Schecter Diamond tuners, but they're really good. My guitar came with a case, and a strap.

Obama FTW
    Is this a good guitar for metal? And is it a good second guitar? Just looking for a good 300$guitar.