Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: Guitar77

I wouldn't know much about it as while I'm at home I'm using a mini (literally) Washburn Amp. I play different kinds of music from Fall Out Boy to Avenged Sevenfold and so far it sounds great for both genres. However, I did use a Laney Amp a few times and it sounds great on it. The Neck pickup is really good for clean solos while the body pickup is not too high pitched and when playing powerchords it does well.

I play a wide range of music from poprock to post-hardcore and so far nobody has complained about the sound. I have been playing for about a year and three months and I have previously owned a J&D Les Paul. Among those two I would definately choose this as it looks expensive and it sounds great. There is one thing I wished I asked before buying this product and that would be whether the dealer could get the same model in another colour, because the current colour (Orange) tends to look quite eccentric at times. If it were stolen or lost, I would move on to a higher price range guitar from Schecter. Most likely the Blackjack or C-1 or Hellraiser. The thing I love about this guitar would be that it can take a lot of torture. I have dropped it once and nothing major came up. It even still sounds the same. I have banged this guitar against my friend's Fender Precision Bass and only his got a scratch while mine was still the same. My favourite feature about this guitar would be it's humbuckers. Even though it's not much it still does wonders to my playing sometimes. the only thing I wished it had would be a lighter body. The weight gets unbearable sometimes.

I've only played once Live and I didn't have much problems. The only problem that bugged me was that it's much heavier than the Les Paul that I used to have. While practicing however, it would be just fine. The Tuners and hardware tend to get rusty after awhile and that would tend to get a bit irritating. If I were to play another gig Live, I would use it unless I have another guitar. But this guitar would be, if not my first, my number 1 backup guitar as it looks and feels like it can take a lot of punishment. The finish looks like it'll last quite awhile.

The Guitar was well made even though it was made in china. However, when I bought it, it was the last of it's batch and almost everything was rusty from oxidization. The guy told me that it had been lying around the shop for about 4 months already. The Neck is still a little off up to today and the neck pickup is in an odd position. Besides that, the guitar still sounds alright. Sadly, I noticed a little bump near the 3-way Switch only after I bought it. I think it was due to the fact that it had spent 4 months in the shop and now I try not to scratch it in any way.

The Schecter Omen 6 Extreme (I don't think it's sold in US) has 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. The body is basswood. It has a bolt on neck and It has the Tune-O-Matic bridge and string thru body. 1 volume, 1 tone (which has a tap feature I think) and a three way switch. Two Schecter Diamond Humbucker pickups are included. Non-locking tuners and when I bought it, they included a gigbag, wire, a Washburn Amp and a strap. The tuning stays for quite awhile. However there's no pickguard so since I'm a beginner I made a scratch or two already.

fovette
    if you're looking for good guitar 300$, ibanez is good too, but dont' really know about the shecter's ''cheap'' one. For a second guitar in general you want a better one so...keep your money for a sexy one!
    Lovingood57
    The Omen-6 is a awesome guitar for people who like to just sit back and jam. This guitar sounds great and looks great. Also way better than fender. Another good schecter is the Hellraiser c-7 FR. the omen is worth more than $300.
    im_bored
    Thud wrote: Vulture1 wrote: ESP > Schecter? Schecter=ESP Both are in the same catagory of amazingness.
    They're pretty equal as far as quality, but ESP's have bigger frets, which I don't like, but that's just preference
    therapture
    Yngwie #1 wrote: I don't much care for Schechter guitars (emo guitars). Buy yourself a Dean, an ESP, or a Jackson guitar, there the best for metal. I play a Vendetta and a Razorback ML and the tone could'nt sound better.
    Thats crap, some of the biggest names in rock play schecters and they are excellent guitars for metal and hard rock. I own one with a red finish and it gets the job done. I wasnt too impressed with the standard pickups they come with but I customised it with Duncan Detonators, and holy shit it made a difference. Great guitar to customize.
    Track-Runner
    I've had a Schecter Omen-6 for quite a while now, almost a year, and after much experimentation i would reccomend this guitar to anyone with one exception, it needs better pickups. Overall this guitar is great, and i'm not a metal guitarist, i mostly play dirty alternative rock.
    Nick_Hal1 wrote: The pickups are shit, really muddy sounding