Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Stothers music

I use my Omen for whenever I want to play heavier music. I swithched out the bridge pickup for a green bareknuckle nailbomb and it sounds awesome. I play through a Peavy thirty One twenty head and a pretty basic Marshal cab. The distortion sounds great, brisge position rocks. I'm not a fan of the neck pickup, but I have my Strat for that, it gets those tones the Schecter lacks. Great for metal, but it is advised to upgrade the pickups if you are a serious player.

If this was stolen I would buy a new one, a new nailbomb, and cerimoniously beat the shit out of it at the end of every gig I play. I have been playing for a long time and it is a great guitar for beginners, and with small mods (like a new pickup)it is awesome for performing hard rock/metal songs live as it holds up well. Just fix the strap things by either my DIY method(AKA lots of builders bog) or get the locking strap duvalakies. Buy one they great. I would use it all gig if it weren't for the versatility that I require. A decent guitar.

It withstands live playing. I've thrown it into everything you could ever throw it into on a stage and it is perfect, apart from shedding a fair amount of paint and losing the volume knob, but that's my fault I guess. I would never throw my beautiful Strat or Les Paul around because I would be afraid they'd break, but this thing is like the bull in the china store, nothing stands in its way. I had to fill the strap holder holes with gap filler to stop them falling out and it fixed that problem easily lol.

It was set up brilliantly. I adjust stuff every now and then for personal preference but everyone would do that. I liked the black finish, which has been severely damaged on my guitar but it looks like a mean mofo now, with massive chips of paint and the volume knob missing.

My Omen was made in Korea in I'm not sure what year, as I bought second hand. It does have the Gibson style bridge though, which are no longer used by Schecter, so it is at least 5 years old I think. Mine is the black finish, which scratches easily, but I like that, it gives it character. It came with the two dual humbuckers, which were all right for a while, but they are easily modded. Very very good for a base model guitar. Kills Fender and Epiphone.