Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

You can get a wide variety of tones out of this guitar. Distortion on the bridge pick-up is really heavy, and palm mutes sound really chunky. Really awesome compared to guitars in a similar price range, which is what initially sold me, but is still as good as the day I bought it. With high gain, you could go from Metallica to Necrophagist, so sweat. The front pick up is surprisingly smooth and provides some awesome lead tones. Clean, the front pick up still sounds really smooth, even for stuff like Eric Johnson. Sound wise this is a really versatile guitar.

I'm generally a metal guitarist with not a huge budget but this guitar is great. I have a decent high gain amp and the Omen 6 compliments it nicely, for a wide array of genres. I love that its so basic but just feels and sounds so nice, and I'd highly recommend it over Ibanezs, Jacksons, Epiphones etc in the price range. If your looking, definitely give the Omen 6 a try, after year it is still as good as the day I bought it, and for a guitar of that price, that quality is probably the most important thing.

You could definitely play with this guitar live, I have (not for a concert, but for a few school performances) and it has been fine. The hardware has lasted, and definitely feels like it has got longevity. I've not had a problem with the strap buttons. Like anything, a little bit of care with this guitar will help you get the most out of it, and for the price you definitely get a lot out of it.

When I got it the guitar was set up really well. Low action, no fret buzz, it just felt like it was done really professionally. Pick-ups were at a nice median, and have stayed that way for a year. I have taken care of the finish, but it still, once again, is almost as good as the day I bought it. Just a clean every so often will keep it fine. The pick-ups have just began to slightly rust, but that's expected seeing the amount of time that I've had it, and is a problem that is really easily fixed. Really good quality for a 'low' end guitar.

My Omen 6 was made in 2009, in Indonesia. It's your Standard 24 rosewood fretted, maple necked basswood guitar. It's black finish on the super-strat shaped body is really solid, and the tunematic bridge is really easy to use. I'm not doing this review after just buying it, I've had this guitar for pretty much a year, and it still feels just as good as the day I bought it, which for a relatively cheap guitar compared to most out there is probably the most important thing, and gives it definite value for money.

creedundead
    bought mine a few weeks back..really diggin this guitar... nice body and balance and the sound is just awesome..this thing sounds really good for those heavy riffs and screams like $h!t for those lead solos..schecters really a bang for your buck...rnr!!!!\m/
    joshuanorris
    stratct wrote: as said above, that "all these positive reviews" are from beginners, I will have to disagree. I am a guitarist that has been playing for a number of years and I have owned many difference guitars in the past including two Les Paul's and a fender stratocaster an ibanez rg,and played many other guitars including PRS, music man,Gibson, and Fender. and my omen 6 will blow every single company away. as far as the sound goes, hehe.... my Schecter diamond plus pickups sound BETTER than my genuine Seymour dunkins. with that said maybe "all these positive reviews" are coming from more experienced players than you. after all its not about how long you have bean playing guitar its about HOW GOOD you are, am I right?
    not really mate, if you've been playing for ages and have played and owned lots of different types of guitars, then i think your opinion counts a lot more than some 13 year old (no matter how good he/she is) that received this as their first guitar. But true, slap on a PRS or Gibson logo on this and it would sell for over a grand, but it still doesn't make it great. Good for people starting out, good for modding....but not good if you wanna sound like Slayer or Pantera. Period.