Omen-6 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-6

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

I play mostly metal and rock and the guitar fits these perfectly. It is very clear clean and you can hear each string at the same volume as the others when playing meaning it is good for chords. With distortion it has a real beefy sound without being muddy and always clear and precise. It is very full sounding compared to other guitars I have tried in the same price range. The bridge 'bucker is great for lead and is really precise. The bridge humbucker is also really good as isn't muddy at all. The guitar can make a great variety of sounds and is suited to many playing styles but especially metal and rock.

I think this guitar is a really good match for my style of music and will serve me well in the future. It is 100% better than my previous guitar which has supplemented me in the last 5 years. When I went to the guitar shop I also tried out three Ibanez guitars and thought they sounded too thin and felt weak. This guitar felt 200 times better. If it was stolen or lost I would definately buy this guitar again or the extreme version of this.

The strap buttons on this guitar are SOLID and even my very cheap strap in place nicely. I bumped this guitar a couple of times and not so much as a scratch seems to have appeared on it's surface. It feels really well built and as if I could throw it around at gigs without a worry. It stays in tune well and the hardware seems built to last.

The guitar was set up well in the factory and the strings I got with it were good quality. The pickups were the perfect height for me and the pickup selector felt really sturdy. There is a slight fret buzz if tuned to drop tunings but I don't really mind as this doesn't show through on an amp. The guitar really does pick up fingerprints easily however although I guess this is just the black finish.

The guitar was made in china (it says on the back of the headstock) although I don't know when it was made. It has a maple neck with a 25.5" scale with 24 jumbo frets and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a basswood body and 2 Schecter Diamond Plus humbuckers and a tune-o-matic, string through body bridge. It also has Schecter tuners and one tone and one volume and a three way pickups selector.

trubfmvfan
    This guitar kicks ass!!! It really suits my style of playin and is really adaptable to diffrnt genres.
    CALiS*TX
    i don't care the stock pickup coz seymour duncan invader will be fill in these guitar... so far, its cheap! 24XJ frets! awesome! i compare LTD EC-100QM, i feel much more comfortable with Omen-6... neck much more comfortable, bolt-on joint neck make me can go la la la at frets 20 to 24 compare EC-100QM... change the Omen-6 pickup into invader will be more expensive guitar than EC-100QM...