Omen-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-7

Purchased from: Guitar Clinic

It sounds great with any you play it with; the extra string lets hit those mind-blowing power chords to play along with metal guys without having to down-tune. The strings are easily bent to play along with the greats of classic rock. I use an old Peavy amp the size of a small coffee table, so you wouldn't expect much coming from that, but the Omen 7 delivers great sound.

This goes great with my style of music, which is just about everything from bluegrass to heavy metal. I've been playing for 8 years, and this is my first 7 string, but once you go with that extra bass string, it makes a world of difference to your playing. Like I said, I love the 7th string, the small light frame, the 24 frets, and plus the fact that it looks beautiful. The things I dislike were the lack of whammy bar, and the cut-in could have went a tiny but deeper. The best electric guitar I own.

Nice and solid, it's lasted me the few shows I've done. I haven't owned it that long, but the hardware is standing fine, the tuning pegs are nice and tight. The strap buttons make it a little hard to get the strap itself on, but once it is, it ain't comin off without a fight. So far the gloss-black finish hasn't got a scratch on it.

The cut-in goes far up, but it makes it a little difficult to reach the 23rd and 24th frets. It's a light body, so it makes it easy to pull off those behind-your-head or between-the-legs solos. I would have enjoyed a few more controls, like bass and brillliance. I was also a little disapointed this didnt have a whammy-bar. But other than the few things I listed, it was an amazing buy at 700 bucks, everything is awesome on it.

Basswood body, maple/rosewood neck, 24 frets, dotted inlays, Diamond Plus pickup, chrome hardware, electronics include a 3-way, volume, and tone. Not to mention it has 7 strings.

Manny75586
    I own this guitar (paid $350 since you HAVE to go black, Blue just won't cut it) it is a tad heavy and the pickups are completely satisfying (but how often are stock pickups?) That's not to say it sounds bad at all. My non-guitar playing friends think it sounds way better than my American Strat so take it for what it's worth. The 7th string is a MUST if you play metal or Jazz. If you don't have it you may as well take up college rock or some other crap because downtuning a 6 to B just isn't the same as having the full 7 strings...that you can downtune to A or G If you are looking to dip your feet into the 7 string pool, this is your boy.
    stumtk
    Man u over paid!! I can get this guitar at the nearest guitar shop for $450 Canadian.
    cheames
    i think i may be getting one of these, soon, to go with my maverick x-1
    Lilldjuret
    I'm gonna buy myself a barely used Omen 7 Extreme today. They have nice specs and I just want a cheap 7 string, so the extreme was the way to go. Bang for your buck. Schecters are easily the top of that list.
    azrha
    i'm going to buy this guitar for an awesome price of 260 euro's (im dutch ), it really is a great guitar and i cant w8 to play it at my home ciao guys , i know now that i'm going to buy this baby for a 100000% !! cya
    BlueRumRed
    Yer i bought this and its ****ing brilliant i love it. My second electric and first 7 string and i love the lower string for those powerchords like he said but one thing is that the guitar is no where near light it weighs a ton maybe mines been pumped with concrete but the one i got has got massive weight issues and theres no way id lift it above my head but nevertheless i think its really awesome guitar for such sweet price (brought mine $500AUD)