Omen-7 review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen-7

Purchased from: Project music

The cleans on this guitar are very good and the pickups produce a very full tone but the coil tap makes the guitar sound slightly thin. I tend to play many different types of metal from lacuna coil and deaftones to scar symmetry and unearth and this guitar can manage all that I play with ease if you are looking for versitility this is a great guitar. The distortion is very thick and quite middy which I see as a bonus and I was quite surprised at the sound of the stock pickups.

I have been playing for about five years now and own three other electric guitars and this is my first seven and I am very pleased with it. I play through a Bugera 6262 head through a Peavey 412ms cab with sheffields and it works very well with this guitar. If it were stolen I would buy it again unless I could afford a damien elite.

I have had this guitar for about two weeks now and it seems very well built and not flimsy at all, the strap buttons a quite solid but I use strap locks on all my guitars anyway. I think I could depend on it without a backup. The guitar has a great finish and I couldn't see it scraching or denting very easily.

I can't really coment on the action because the shop I bought it from set it up for me but everything asthetically on the guitar is great with no flaws at all. The pickups on the guitar were seated pefectly and the nut on the guitar seems stable and the tuning is relative ly stable but does go off as any other guitar does. The pickup selector is quite stiff though, the electronics on the guitar seem to have been done quite neatly.

It is the Schecter Omen Extreme seven, it was made in indonisia in 2010 . It has a mahogany body with maple top and it has a 26.5" scale neck with "vector inlays". The brige is string through body and it has a bolt on neck with Schecter Diamond plus pickups and coil tap. The guitar is also surprisingly light.