Omen Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen Extreme

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Allans Music + Billy Hyde

The tone was perfect for metal and hard rock distorted sounds. The ceramic magnet from the pickups really produces a high output but retains clarity and attack. My only issue is that once you coil tap the humbuckers to singlecoils is that annoying 60 cycle hum which is common to singlecoils under a high gain distortion (amplifier). Clean sounds from the humbuckers are clear, rich and have a full sound. Clean sounds from the singlecoils (once coil tapped) were really impressive, they sound bright, thin and twangy. But still, I prefer to install Seymour Duncan Blackouts to get a better tone out of it. This is my fourth guitar and I have no regrets of buying it, cause the tone coming out from the perfectly selected wood was just so good in any music style that I play. Amps used: Peavey Bandit 112 Combo, Laney LX65R Combo and Line 6 Spider IV 150 Watts Combo. Effects used: Zoom G1X and Behringer Ultra Metal.

I play all sorts of music from pop, punk, jazz, funk, fusion, blues, rock, musical production, hardcore and most importantly metal and this guitar just covers all the tones that I need for a specific genre I want to play. I've been playing for 5 - 6 years now and this guitar just blew my mind the moment I tested it in the music store. I've compared this guitar against Ibanezes, Jacksons, ESP/LTDs and Deans, and this guitar just have something that the other brands don't have on this price range. I would definitely recommend this guitar for Begginers, Intermidiate and Advance players. If this guitar was stolen I would absolutely buy another one again, but this time the model with the Floyd Rose. I highly recommend this guitar if you want a quality product and do not want to spend a lot of money in other guitar company's brand name. This guitar is a good value for money and you'll definitely get what you paid for this guitar.

This guitar will definitely withstand live performances. I play live 3 days a week with different guitars I own and this guitar just stands out among the others. This is my main guitar now. I run, jump and move around the stage a lot and this guitar can just handle all of that. This guitar is built to last. Just make sure to install Straplocks on it to make sure that it is secured. I don't personally trust normal strap buttons, cause I've dropped my SG 5 - 6 times already because I didn't install straplocks on it. I would never play a gig without a backup, not because I don't trust my guitar, but because I am scared of any string breakage.

The action was pretty low, which is a good if you're a shredder type of guy (which is a bit of me). It was intonated really well (I think by the guys from Schecter Australia). Pickup adjustment were perfect. But still everyone has their own preferences so I adjusted the guitar's action and fix a bit of intonation myself because I will also use this guitar for recording. The low action caused the 1st fret of the guitar to buzz, but it was really easy to fix. After 15 minutes of adjusting the bridge height the problem was quickly solved. The black cherry finish on quilted maple veneer and the cream binding looks really good, making the guitar look expensive. The neck doesn't have any gloss on it, so you don't get stuck in those sticky necks with gloss (which is really annoying). The guitar is very comfortable to play. It's like playing a Les Paul on a Stratocaster body. The build quality is really good. It's a solid guitar that will last for a long time. I've never picked up a guitar on this price range that has a better build quality than a Schecter. Everything was fitted properly on the guitar.

Schecter Omen Extreme 6 - Crafted in Indonesia, Checked and set - up in USA, 2009 - Construction: Bolt - on - Body: Mahogany with a Quilted Maple Veneer - Neck: Maple - Frets: 24 XJ - Inlay: Vector - Bindings: Multi - ply - Tuners: Non-locking Schecter Tuners - Pickups: Schecter Diamond Plus Bridge and Neck Humbuckers (Ceramic) - Electronics: 1 Volume, 1 Tone Knob (w/ Coil Tap) and a 3 - way Toggle Switch - Bridge: Tune-o-matic with String-thru body - Scale: 25.5" - Hardware: Black Chrome - Finish: Black Cherry - Body Style: Strat - style - There is no accessories included but I got a discounted hard case from the store.

JB95
    WendiSalazar wrote: my best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here NuttyRich.com
    Yeah right. I don't want a lazy-ass job on the computer. And adbots fail miserably, since NO ONE is stupid enough to click on thir links.
    givemeajackson
    Adam278 wrote: Which is the better guitar, this or an ibanez rga42? they are both 299, need some help choosing
    both equal and pretty similar, if you wanna have a coil split buy the schec, if you want actives buy the rga. take the one with the more comfortable neck. btw, the schecter sure looks sexier ;D
    isaiahh16
    the schecter has better pickup, better for moving up and down the fretboard, and yeah, it IS way sexier
    T3h_Killjoy
    oh, btw - here's an update to my old review. Body wood actually is mahogany. Also, I removed tone pot, put seymour's sh-6 and sh-2 and guitar just screams. You gotta get used to the neck though.