Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

Purchased from: A music store

I play metal, alternative, rock, basically anything with distortion and this definitely can bring out tons of distortion. I use a Peavey Vypyr and sometimes I'll use the Boss Metal Pedal for intense distortion. When there is high gain I here minimum noise but the pickups are very sensitive. It has a very deep chunky bright sound on the bridge pickup that I love to play metal with. On the neck you can get a really mellow shred kind of sound with the right amp. It might sound like Satriani or those guys who use DiMarzio pickups.

I play metal, rock, alternative, and other things and this is a perfect match. I would say I am an intermediate guitar player because I definitely don't play like a beginner. I wouldn't have asked for anything else besides a more expensive ESP or PRS but I think with a professional setup this with play like a dream. If it were stolen I would just buy a different color because I think black is a little dark and less interesting than that red quilt-top. I love anything about it except the setup. I don't think Schecter could have done that it was probably the stupid teenager in the store that screwed my guitar up.

This guitar feels so solid when I hold it. I don't know why. The hardware including the Floyd Rose with last pretty long before I buy a better guitar. NOT THAT THIS ISN'T GOOD!, I mean this guitar is a step below the mid-priced PRS's and Schecter Hellraiser series. The strap buttons are nice and big and ensures that my strap won't budge. I would use this without a backup. I have never broken a string with the Licensed Floyd Rose.

I don't know if the store set up the guitar but the action on the strings were below my standards. The low E was way too close to the fretboard and the high E was very high off the fretboard. The low E was buzzing everywhere up to the 11th fret and I'm pretty sure that was the truss rod because I bought this in the summer and it gets pretty hot and humid where I live so the neck must have moved. Everything else was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Not sure of the year but it was made in Indonesia and set up in the U.S. It has 24 jumbo fret neck. It is a rosewood fretboard. The body is pretty dense for basswood. Nice quilted-top finish. It is the double cutaway Strat body type except it has these cool cutouts kind of like a PRS. It has a Licensed Floyd Rose Special Bridge. Passive pickups. One voulume and one tone with a 3-way Switch for two humbucker pickups. The tuners are Schecter but thats not important because it has a locking nut.