Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

Price paid: £ 348.99

Purchased from: Soundslive.co.uk

I play Metal and wanted to tune this guitar to Drop B, for playing stuff like Machine Head. I use Marshall Amp distortion and it sounds very good through that, the sound is definatly the strong point of this model. It sounds good at both high and low volumes and would gladly record and gig with it.

This is a good guitar for playing Metal in low tunings. The Main strong poitns are the finish (when in good light), sound, the features and playing ease. The weak points are the combination of a yellow strip and unfinished neck which looks ugly at certan angles, the Floyd Rose (but not a massive problem) and the finish (when in moderate/low light) Overall quite satisfied.

This guitar feels solid and doesn't seem like it'll let up live. The Floyd Rose is nowhere near as good as the one on my Dean Dimebag Razorback but for the money is satisfactory. The hardware feels like it can take a good beating and if dropped probably won't be damaged massively. The hardcase definatly helps here, where it's not as good as my Dean hardcase it can probably take a good beating.

The action was fine, I setup the Floyd Rose so it's leaning forward a bit so I can get some really high squelies :D. The finish looks impressive in highly lighted areas but bland in anyother light. The front looks good but the back doesn't so much, the mixture of an unfinished neck with the yellow strip going round the edge of the body doesn't look great, but it's not a massive deal as it will be covered up when playing.

The Guitar comes with a Floyd Rose Special and 24 frets. The finish is very good, doesn't show up well in medium/low light though which is a shame. The body is alot smaller than I thought and the neck is Standard 24 fret size. With the deal I got a free Gator Hardcase, Jack Lead and tools such as allen keys, which is very good. The Pickups are stock Schecter Diamond Plus pickups, which have a good sound for stock pickups, I will be replacing with EMGs shortly though.

ammagamla
    I'm having a little problem with my omen extreme's tuning, I can't use floyd rose as much as I want to because it goes out of tuning very easily...any tips for me ?
    Ruiolas_Guitar
    Lol, douchebags. There's a way to avoid it getting out of tune after using the floyd. Just pull the whammy up, release it and the play. It will be in tune now. Or adjust the spring tension in the back.
    ammagamla
    thank u for that useless piece of info, i already knew that that would semi work, i was only wondering if there was any better way then that
    Ruiolas_Guitar
    Actually, after playing it for several months, I have no floyd or tuning issues. Great guitar for the run.