Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I generally stick to technical metal which means that I need to be able to hear the individual fast- paced notes. Luckily, this guitar is perfect for that style. I use this guitar with my Behringer V- Ampire amp and usually I just keep avg to high mid and same for bass to get some of the best sound you could from a guitar of this price. Not too noisy at all! My only problem would be with the toggle Switch as I said. It gives a muffled tone on 2 of the 3 settings. The sound, of course, is very bright and sharp. With the Floyd Rose though I can do it all! High squeals, low dives, and any pinch harmonic I need.

For metal/technical metal/ alternative this guitar can kill most others for its pricerange. I have been playing for 3 years about and I have 5 guitars, 2 amps, 1 drumset, 1 bass, and 1 keyboard. Yea of course I looked up reviews before buying it but hey it all turned out fine. If it was stolen then no I wouldn't buy another...ID FIND THAT F--KER AND TAKE IT BACK! haha but yea everything about it is great my last wish would've been a little better factory work.

Oh hell yea this thing has lasted me through guitar spins, throwing it, or even just knocking it into a wall. Everything thusfar has held up fine. The strap buttons have kept in place even with my several guitar spins so I can always depend on this guitar in a show. The finish hasn't worn off yet, but I've only had it 1yr and 1/2 so I don't know yet.

Well this will have to be the downfall of the review as the factory did cause me some problems. First off the guitar was set up for a 12 year old I assume as there were dead frets and the pickups were awful. Another problem was that the tuning knob fell off! F--king Schecter failed me! It is loose to- the- day, but luckily I work at a guitar shop so I can fix it whenever it needs(1 a month maybe). And yet again the Floyd Rose was junked up with the tuning knobs...

So I bought this guitar being my first seriously hardcore and stage guitar. It was definitely made in Indonesia. It came with 24 jumbo frets and the neck was Rosewood. The design on the neck was awesome! A nice set of pearly colored arrows. The top just a solid wooden top as I generally don't care for a laminated one. The body was lined with a vanilla type yellow and it was ocean blue and transparent. The Bridge is a Floyd Rose which made tuning rather undesirable. It came with locks for the strings but they put the string more outta tune than anything, so overall getting the extreme FR was a mistake on my part. The pickups are the Standard humbuckers which I have now replaced with an EMG 81 and 85 set for my metal playing style (beautiful sound). Another slight problem is that there are only 3 was to turn the toggle switch. This is a little annoying because the tones aren't very different one is a more clean and muffled tone while the other holds a crisp, sharp one. The tuners as I said are locking and they are stupid as hell because the Floyd Rose wasn't designed too well for the guitar (vice versa).

OvLamvAndGod
    so,once you have the guitar set up from the shop/factory,there's nothing you can do? i mean, he says that ''I love anything about it except the setup. I don't think Schecter could have done that it was probably the stupid teenager in the store that screwed my guitar up." cant you just fix/set it your own? ?