Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

This guitar can play it all. The neck pickup produces a very thick, full, bluesy tone. The can produce country tones (with split coil) all the way to high gain thrash. Both pickups are pretty noisy and are slightly "muddy" when in a high gain setting. Clean tones are rich and beautiful. It is a extremely versatile guitar and it suits me perfectly.

This is a great match for metal. It goes great with high gain amps. The pups are slighlty muddy. If it were stolen, I would definately buy a new one, same finish, same everything. I love the sunburst finish on mine and the floyd rose. The push-pull circutry is also nice. I hate how the pickups fuzz up the sound of finger tapping and some pitch harmonics. I compare this to the Damien FR. I'm glad I chose this one.

This is a good guitar for live playing. The hardware is sturdy and reliable.The strap buttons are wide, so once you get the strap on, it will not come off with ease. This guitar would be a great backup to use. The finish is nice and durable. The guitar is very light so it is easy to perform with.

The action is absolutely perfecto. The pickups are well adjusted to me. When I got the guitar, the fine tuners on the bridge were mix-matched, but that was and easy problem to fix. There is no fret buzz. The locking nut was very loose when I got it, but that's nothing an allen wrench can't fix.

My Omen Extreme FR has a quilted maple top and a Vintage Sunburst finish and creme colored binding. The neck is the perfect shape and size. It has 24 frets, 2 passive humbucker pickups, a floyd rose bridge and locking nut, awesome Vector inlays, a volume pot and a tone pot with push-pull circuitry, 3-way selector, and non-locking tuners. I believe the tuners are made by Grover.

trevriffic
    Bought mine brand new from the factory and had a warped neck and uneven frets. There is no excuse for that guitar to have passed. Are you listening inspector number 25 ???