Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 1.8 Junky
Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

Purchased from: ams

Never got to sound failed at setup. 30 years of set up experience. From what I hear though the pickups sound great. But what does great sound do when your crappy guitar is unplayable? Jeez how many words do they want you to put in these reviews hee ok I would have more to say but guitar is unplayable and I've already shipped back and maybe this is enough words for this section so I will heee just write a few more so I'm sure I will have enough words to complete this section of this part of this long, really long sentence and I will now go to next section.

I'll never buy another Schecter. They should fire inspector number 25 cause he has put me through hell. There is a thing called karma and he will get his in the end. Ok Like I said Schecter ain't on my good list and I will spread the word so no one else has to go through what I did, God help us all each and every one from the evil of the Schecter corp.

How reliable can a brand new guitar with a warped neck be? I'll keep typing cause you have to have so many words to have a review. How many times can I say terrible? Awful? Horrific? Playing live? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha! You couldn't even practice with this pile of excrement. Please Schecter stay far away from me you suck! As pretty as this guitar was I'm really disappointed that it has a warped neck and they wasted a nice floyd rose.

Neck was badly warped, horrific experience! Buzzing even after raising action half and inch off the neck? Only cure for this guitar is a new neck. Not even sanding down frets would have worked. Believe me I'm an experienced guitar tech.As I was saying this guitar is a disgrace to all guitars, I would rather buy a guitar on eBay than buy 1 new from Schecter. I hate you Schecter. I will spread the word about what you have done to me even if it takes a thousand words I will get my vengeance!

This guitar was so beautiful when I 1st opened it up brand new. But I wondered why the action was dumped all the way down touching the fretboard and the strings were still tight? So I raised the action and discovered a bad buzzing on the 1st fret closest to the neck. that's one fret you just have to get right and I couldn't believe the inspector passed this on to me. I tried adjusting the truss rod with no luck. Looking down the neck it was obviously warped and buzzed even up around the 12th fret with the action to high for comfort even. I'm really disappointed after researching guitars and to get this piece of crap. Lucky I purchased from AMS and they have a great return policy. I ordered a Gibson instead, YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE Schecter! I should say the floyd rose is excellent and needs to be ripped off this crappy guitar. Made in Indonesia.

Geldin
    In response to the new review: chill out, broski. Every company has off guitars; if you're so unlucky as to get one, send it back. You can't let one outlier define and entire run of guitars. Clearly you didn't get an average guitar from that run. If it's not good, either get another to review or get a different guitar and don't review the ****y one.
    Way Cool JR.
    I highly doubt Schecter is to blame for the warped neck LOL. It likely happened during shipping since it has to go from California (after being professionally setup & frets all hand filed) then to New Jersey to the AMS warehouse then shipped to your location. I would be putting the blame either on UPS or Fed EX they more than likely piled stuff on-top of the box just like they did with a couple guitars I got from them. IMO Schecter has some of the best Q.C in the business along with several others not including Gibson.
    lefty311
    I own two schecters and have never had an issue with either one (omen 6 and sunset deluxe FR, both lefties). And I'd take a $500 schecter over a $1,000 gibson any day.
    Way Cool JR.
    FantomasXD wrote: ummm so it as basswood or mahogany? some conflicting reviews..
    The Schecter website says they are "Mahogany W/Quilted Maple". People are probably saying different things on the reviews because depending where you look at it online some places say it's made of Basswood and others say it's Mahogany. I would go with what the Schecter site says over everything-else.