Omen FR Extreme review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Schecter: Omen FR Extreme

This is a very metal oriented guitar. The stock pickups are mediocre. They don't suck but they're no EMGs'. The coil tap gives it a large variety of tones, and it stays in tune well due to the Floyd. The clean is below average, but the metal, distortions, and crunch tones on any amp will bring out the good in the guitar.

I've been playing 2 years, but is say I'm fairly knowledgeable with guitars, as well as skilled as I can play (hint: this is my music style) Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, some Trivium and anything Green Day. If joe shmoe off the street came and stole my guitar, I'd expect it be returned in the next 24 hours. I wouldn't buy it again. I guess the extreme stands for the level of disappointment. I love the Floyd hate the buzz, love the looks and neck, hate the buzz. I hate the buzz! It ruined the guitar I'd dreamt of for months. And I know it was just mine because I bought and traded in 3. If this is your style, for the same price pick up one of these: ESP LTD EC-256 (I own this and I <3 it... Lol it's a great guitar for a good price) Or the Ibanez RG4EXFM1 both better and for the same price.

This will probably withstand live playing. Terry thing seems tight, even the strap buttons. It is heavy for this style and body of guitar though... The coil tap selector actually fell of the first week. The other hardware seems okay. I would never go into a gig without a back up.

This is the problem. The guitar of which I've owned 2 of has very bad issues with buzzing on the bottom string, on the first 3 frets, and the first 2 frets of the fifth string. I thought this could be adjust with a little trus tweaking... Nope. The bridge was adjusted... Nothing. I brought it to guitar center, and the only way to get rid of it was to make the action horrid. It does stop, but to do the strings much be about an inch too high. Anywhere else and good luck with the guitar. It is very easy to make out the buzz in feeling on your fingers, and through an amp. There was a poor factory setup, and apparently that cannot be fixed.

This is a very nice and sleek looking quilted maple top guitar. It has a nice design, with 24 jumbo frets, a great feeling neck, and a nice look. But honestly, that's about it for pros. It does have a nice accessible coil tap, which gives it a nice variety of tones and ranges for all different types of music. It's a double cutaway Strat style body, with a rosewood fretboard and a bolt on design. Perhaps what makes this guitar is the Floyd rose tremolo. Although, it's not an original, but a special, and was made in another country. The fr always mean tuning lock by the way. The guitar itself was made in Indonesia. This is a mercy 7 because off the problems I'll describe under "action".

MeTall3d
    MeTall3d wrote: How many times can I say terrible? Awful? Horrific? Playing live? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha! You couldn't even practice with this pile of excrement. Please Schecter stay far away from me you suck! As pretty as this guitar was I'm really disappointed that it has a warped neck and they wasted a nice floyd rose. I think you need to get that stick out of your ass sir. Seriously if you expect anyone to believe this was a legitimate review I think you failed. You say 30 years of set up experience that puts you what 45-50 years old minimum? You definitely don't sound like one, hell you don't sound like a 25 year old too. Probably another schecter hater who thinks putting in a big number convinces people. Sounds like a total hate post to me. I had a bad experience with an Ibanez art 600 once, I didn't go Kamakazee on its ass, bitching about it. I got it replaced and I haven't regretted it ever since. You should consider replacing it before posting a hate review.
    Damn I got the quotes wrong sorry. :|
    Air_Stryker
    Hale_91 wrote: dylan87654321 wrote: im getting this guitar in four days yesssss its great it sounded great on the shit amp i played it on i recomend anyone who wants their first guitar with a floyd to get it anyone that gets a floyd in there first guitar is an idiot.
    The dude meant first guitar with a Floyd Rose trem. Not first guitar all together. Having said that, my first guitar was an Ibanez RGD320, and I never had a whole load of trouble with it. Quite an oddball for a first guitar I must say; Comes in D-tuning standard, 25.5 inch scale, Floyd Rose. Really not a practical choice for a first guitar, didn't hold me back though, but I did often make use of my capo. =P
    panhead201
    I wanna know why anybody who gets a fl rose trem on their first guitar is a idiot?They mean a maple veneer over a mahogany body.Mahogany is easy to work with,don't splithigh resonance,but it looks like crap.And it's heavy.It's dark and you can't do anything with the color except paint it,otherwise it just looks like darker crap'It scratches easy too.Maple is hard as a rock,light colored and will take a stain.
    mydian
    The buzz on the first 3 frets is probably because the nut needs a shim under it. Should be an easy fix for someone who doesn't work at guitar center.
    sparticus17511
    Brilliant guitar, weighs a ton but i don't mind about that really. the Floyd is easier to set up than most i find, the claws are better quality than in my Dean 450 and you can hear the spring reverb though a freaking amp! Schecter i love you lol was my first guitar with a FR and its epic.
    MR.AlEXLIFESON
    so i'm debating over whether to get this guitar, or a schecter c-1 plus. If I get the c-1 plus, it probably won't have a floyd rose. but if i get this guitar, i'm getting the floyd rose model. Which guitar would be better (I play rock,including like a looooot of Rush lol), the omen fr extreme, or the c-1 plus? Or should I wait awhile on ebay, and get a c-1 plus with a floyd rose? (theyre not on ebay a lot)
    MeTall3d