PT Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: PT Custom

Purchased from: Local Music Store

This guitar sounds great. I love to play Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, all the classics, I also love to play blues and some metal. It has a very full distorted sound as well as a crisp clean tone, much like a Les Paul. Perfect for all of the above. I use it with a Vox AD30VT 30 watt amp, which has built in effects and it sounds great with all of them.

I play rock, blues and a little metal, and it's perfect. I've been playing for about 4 to 6 years, not entirely sure. I personally own 6 guitars, 3 electric, and 3 acoustic, and I'd say this is my 2nd favorite electric guitar, next to my Strat. If anything happened to this guitar I'd ball my eyes out, and try as hard as I could to replace it with the same model, since there were only about 400 of them made. If not, I would replace it with a real Tele or a Gibson of some sort. I love this guitar because it's beautiful, it sounds amazing, perfect for my style, and it's lightweight. Nothing I wish I could change except I think it would be cool if it was a real Fender Telecaster. Otherwise, I love it.

This guitar is very durable. I'd take this on tour any day. The strap buttons are pretty solid, but I'm going to replace them with locking ones. I'm not going to depend on this guitar with my life, because I have a few others that I feel closer to, but I can see this guitar taking me pretty far.

Its action, fit & finish is great. It was set up very nicely. The action is nice and low, which is good for speed. The pickups are set pretty nicely, a little too close to the strings but its not a problem. I've had this guitar since October of 2007 and I haven't discovered any real flaws.

This is an absolutely stunning guitar. It has quilted maple top over a mahogany body, it's neck is maple, and it has a rosewood fretboard.Its Korean made, sometime between 2002 and 2005, not sure. It looks and feels like a Tele, but plays and sounds like a Les Paul. Mother of pearl inlay all around the edges, headstock, fretboard, and on the volume and tone knobs.Its got two Seymour Duncan pickups, which I'm pretty happy with. And it has a Tuno O Matic bridge, gold hardware, Grover tuners and it's got 22 frets.