PT Elite Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 11/14/2005 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Schecter: PT Elite
It has maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups.
 8.5
 7.9
 1,856
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
PT Elite Reviewed by: dhelgason1, on november 14, 2005

Purchased from: encore music

Features: This model was made in Korea, has a beautiful maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups that can be tapped to singe coil, volume, tone and 3-way Switch, grover tuners and my dealer through in a gig bag. // 9

Sound: The sound range is almost endless from Les Paul to Tele, I use this with a Kustom TR12 practice amp and a Boss ME-50 multi effects. I have a 73 Les Paul Custom but I use this more as I love playing this guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Fast neck, and set up well when purchased, the only complaint I have is this guitar doesn't like to be used with a capo, I use a shube capo but this guitar goes out just a little so I use my Paul or my Peavey for this, but for blues or rock this is great to play, nice fast neck great sound and great looks-a triple threat! // 8

Reliability & Durability: As I dont play gigs anymore this guitar wont be out very often so I am not in a position to say much on this but after 3 years I have had no problems! // 10

Overall Impression: I play all styles of music from rock to jazz and I would have to say that if I ever started to gig again this would be the guitar I would use. I have been playing for 40 years now have owned and do own lots of different makes and models of guitars and would not hesitate to buy this again. I at the moment own a 73 Las Paul Custom, Peavey JF-1, Fender Jazz bass, Martin D35, Alvarez classical and an old Yamaki Folk Deluxe. // 10

Comments