Revenger review by Schecter

Schecter: Revenger

Price paid: C$ 550

Purchased from: Bobby Lalonde music

I use a Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal(its a great pedal I recomend all of you buy it) and I can play anything with any setting of distortion. There is no noise Seymour Duncan is very trustable with anything it makes no noise or anything. This guitar can do anything you want it to do.

I play metal and it completely satifies my needs. I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I have a squir mini from when I started playing and a judas preist acoustic guitar. I wish I had asked if this guitar came with a Floyd Rose or any tremelo bar because I'm so mad at myself for that. I would defenetly buy it again BUT! With a Floyd Rose. I love eveything about this guitar exept that it has a bolt on neck that's the only downside. I wanted to buy a Schecter Synyster Custom white but this guy told me this guitar had better sound and its half price, I don't know if that was true but I'm fine with 500$ more in my pockets. I wish it had a Floyd Rose(you can get one with it) and a set neck or neck thru.

This guitar wouls withstand anything from endless touring and touring once a moneth anything goes with this baby. The hardware on this guitar very high quality(what do you expect from Schecter). The strap buttons look fine I wouldn't worry too much about'em. You can depend on this guitar for anything but I would always bring a backup just in case. The finish looks fine I don't think it would wear out anytime soon.

This was my second guitar and I'm sure all of my guitars will be Schecter's because this guitar can take a beating and still look new I've accidently hit it a lot of times everywhere possible body, fretboard, neck even on the pickups. One thing I'm not impresseed with is the pickups, they were very poorly adjusted, its not that bad because you can place'em yourself but come on, you want it the best it can be when you get it. Everything else was perfect.

I've had this guitar for 2 years now and it is great I play anything from classic rock to heavy metal. It has 24 XJ frets. It has a sweet solid top and its cool because its not just flat. The body is pure mahogany and I think the neck is maple. Its black but I'm not sure what kind it is. The body what can I say LOOK AT IT how can you stay away from this, its an Avenger body. This bridge is just a standard bridge nothing special. I have active pickups. It has 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way selector. The guitar has 2 duncan designed pickups, but personnally I'd put EMG's on it but, yet again that's my opinion. It has grover tuners, I don't know whats the difference between any tuners so I can't say if their good or not, and if its because they stay in tune alot then yes they stay in tune very well. This is kinda stupid because this guitar dosent go in any bag you need a case made for it, it dosent come with it you gotta go buy it.

neoamir
    No way a guitar will give 10 in sound if you are using the boss metalzone -_-
    98Timberwolf
    I think this guitar is beautiful, but hey, if we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place.
    Linkerman
    Bandwagon much?
    EpiExplorer
    brndnstffrd wrote: You said that it wont fit into any cases.... i have a Synyster Custom and it is the same shape and it fits in the Road Runner Roadster case perfectly
    savory_softy
    ^ shred_wizzard is correct about the metalzones. They're a good pedal in the right hands. I love watching people turn all the knobs to 22 and go 'that sounds sh*t!' Who'd have figured...
    GunLeatherGuy
    It's amazing the level of practical experience you guys have, then again look at the guitar being reviewed. Grover tuners the best you can get? Bahahahaha. Any guitar worth a shit should have locking tuners newbie! Growers are a middle of the road tuner at best. Tuneamatic is a style of bridge and they work. With decent pickups this is a decent guitar. If you like the style get it. Realize this though, shcecters have very thick necks and on a 7 string they are very thick. It's not bad but not great. As far as homosexuality. You have to look at yourselves for that.
    jamicmac5
    i have a boss Mt-2, and it's not that bad. it doesn't make any great sounds, and has a lot of hiss, especially when you use a power cable, and I think there are a lot of much better pedals out there. but with the right amp and the right pickups this pedal can make some /okay/ sounds. they only really sound good brand new, and through an expensive amp, so unless you have these, I have to agree... it's really not a great pedal to be using to review the sounds though.
    guitarscreams
    ZCL666 wrote: I dont own one. (yet) im trying to get one... i tried it out and i found that the shape is really nice. I'm an a7x fan so of course thats where i started looking at it from... I was going to buy a Synyster standard but i really like this one... its not nearly as flashy...
    yet again its half the price
    guitarscreams
    KJKINFLAMES wrote: worst review ever a 550 $ guitar doesnt get 9 10 9 10 8 for its stats i got a couple 500 $ guitars and they work and sound great but there not 10's and 9's by a long shot.... not saying that this review isent helpfull but u gotta rate it for what it is.... not by personal preference.... and yes rating its sound by means of a pedal is not right and especially to give it a 10 now thats retarted.... the 80$ guitar i got at a yard-sale sounds great too when its got a pedal backing it....
    when i made this review i was stupid but i also tryed the guitar throught a peavey valveking and its the shit man i almost jized in my pants
    ZCL666
    starman292
    I played it today in a shop, and i was very pleasantly suprised, the body was beautiful. Yeah its a funny shape but it is really nice to play and the stock pickups actually have quite a nice tone. You can upgrade them later but they'd suit you nicely for a while. One of the main things i noticed though is how comfortable it is to play, so personally i really liked it and my friend bought it for 329 new which for the quality of the guitar wasnt a bad price at all.
    KJKINFLAMES
    Hand Of Stone wrote: The Metal Zone isn't bad. That's all I have to say.
    i had this pedal once key words are HAD and ONCE
    KJKINFLAMES
    shred_wizzard
    metalzones sound sick if you use them right..and with the right amp. and the hellraiser avenger w/ black cherry quilted maple top looks 10x cooler than this or the syn gates model
    SilverSpurs616
    EpiExplorer wrote: Yeah, but I think everyone who's got some sense knows that the Synester gates custom is a soulless handbag of a guitar.
    sig'd
    SkepsisMetal
    Love Schecters, but not a fan of the body shape. They are amazing guitars for tone though, they suit most styles of music and playing.
    koalabacon
    Linkerman wrote: neoamir wrote: No way a guitar will give 10 in sound if you are using the boss metalzone -_- anti band wagon band wagon much? i agree with neo. no way you can get a ten with metal zone. Bandwagon much?
    Linkerman wrote: neoamir wrote: No way a guitar will give 10 in sound if you are using the boss metalzone -_- Bandwagon much?
    guitar4eternity
    Judging by the picture I'd say yes it has a tune-O-matic bridge. Which is handy for me cause I'm a lefty who likes to switch the strings around on righty guitars. Anyways, Schecter makes quality guitars, and great sound no matter what pikcups they have on them. I think you should plug this baby up into a good amp and see for yourself.
    swordsofplague
    Looks like a more aggressive Damien but with Duncan pups as opposed to EMGs. FYI, grovers are like the best tuners on the market. When you say "standard bridge," are you possibly referring to a tune-o-matic? The only reason I ask is because it seems to be the preferred bridge on a lot of schecter guitars...
    Ne0Assass1n
    If you wanted EMG's from the start, you might as well gotten a Hellraiser Avenger (FR, seeing that you want an FR) from DCGL.
    brndnstffrd
    GuitarPlayer716
    While I'm not a huge fan of the Metalzone, I do agree that it is difficult to grade the sound if you're judging it through effects pedals before the sound through just a good quality amp.
    inhatredofme
    if the boss is adjusted right it can be usable. anyway schecter makes fantastic guitars at great prices.
    Lucd
    gay the only guitar that looks worse than this one is the syn gates custom! Homosexuality at its finest!