Revenger FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Revenger FR

Purchased from: Store in Argentina

It's a guitar made for metal, but it's also capable of blues and classic rock, I'm using Guitar Rig 4, I used some effects, but it doesn't sound as good as an Amplifier (I tested it on the Fender Frontman 212r), and it was awesome, it's capable of doing harmonics pretty good, and the tone is very good, I think with a 81/85 of EMG it will blow your mind.

I play Dream Theater, Metallica, AC/DC, System of a Down, some Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, I've been playing for almost 2 years, I upgraded from a Very cheap Strat copy, and I'm planning to buy a Fender Frontman 65r or Peavey Envoy 110, the guitar was better than I hoped, if it were lost, I would buy the same one or better, I love the body shape and my favorite feature is the Floyd Rose, I also played the Fender Highway 1, Epiphone Les Paul and the Ibanez RG350, but the Revenger was the best in terms of comfort. I wish it would have a pair of 81/85 EMG's.

I think it could last a live gig, the strap buttons I switched them because I have a DiMarzio Cliplock strap, but the screws on it were fine, I think you could gig without a backup, the guitar is very solid, it stays in tune great, and the paint job was awesome!

The guitar was very well set-up at the factory, it's set-up at USA I think, The guitar itself because it was already the way I liked it, the fretboard was very fast, compared to the Fender stratocaster, the neck felt good, and the body shape and paint it's incredible.

It's a Schecter Revenger-FR, made in indonesia, 24 Jumbo Frets, basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, the paint is a satin black very cool, it's a Floyd Rose Licenced Bridge, Duncan Designed Active pickups, it has a volume, a tone and a 3-way switch, and it has Schecter Tuners which I found them quite good.

Amuro Jay
    r0ckth3d34n
    LukeBTH wrote: Isn't it called the Avenger, not the REvenger?
    Nope. Avenger is a higher end model.
    TheBlackening91
    bustapr
    If guitar rig is anything like its competition, it sounds 10x better than a little fender frontman or envoy(with good speakers of course). I like the headstock on it, I with my schecter had a cool 6 in a row headstock.
    grungelive72
    metalhead_99801
    grungelive72 wrote: I heard that you cannot palm mute on guitars with Floyds on them because of all the fine tuners. Is that true?
    absolutely not.
    Kenjisan231
    jetfuel495 wrote: TheBlackening91 wrote: This guitar would probably look quite good if it weren't for Avenged Sevenfold's Guitarist's signature ShameIt's only the shape. You're basically saying "I like the way this looks but I won't admit to it because the shape is identical to the signature model of a guitarist in a band I don't like". TBH the A7X signature looks much worse, what with all the bling on it. I like the shape, though.
    I respectfully disagree on your opinion of the A7X model. I like avenged sevenfold, but I am not a huge fan, I like a lot of bands for that matter. Allbeit the guitar is flashy, it was made for fans (in my opinion) and I think aesthetically it does justice to it. Also (in my opinion) I think it sounds great. Related directly to the article however, the shape seems derived from the A7X model, but without the signature stuff, its a cool design.
    TheBlackening91
    jetfuel495 wrote: TheBlackening91 wrote: This guitar would probably look quite good if it weren't for Avenged Sevenfold's Guitarist's signature Shame It's only the shape. You're basically saying "I like the way this looks but I won't admit to it because the shape is identical to the signature model of a guitarist in a band I don't like".
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying It wouldn't be so bad if the shape was a little more common, but it's too easily associated with Avenged Sevenfold
    jetwash69
    Kenjisan231 wrote: ...Related directly to the article however, the shape seems derived from the A7X model, but without the signature stuff, its a cool design.
    Actually, the Avenger shape was around long before Brian Haner Jr chose it out of Schecter's line-up as his signature model. You have to get the signature model if you want a flat top and the devil horns headstock. Otherwise the top is carved like this one and you get the more generic headstock like this. Incidentally, Brian's Dad ("Guitar Guy") plays a signature model with the paint scraped off (but with the A7X/Syn fret markings intact) in one of his videos, and another sig model, but painted white with an American flag in another of his videos. Coming this summer you can get a Syn Deluxe with the same headstock, but with the carved top.