Revenger FR review by Schecter

Schecter: Revenger FR

The active pickups are built more for distortion which is obvious, because on a clean setting, sometimes if you strum the strings hard it sounds like there is a little bit of gain/drive on. When the setting is on distortion though the sound is imperceptibly good; it is extremely sharp, thick and you can hold any note and it lasts for ages. I use a Line 6 Spider IV amp and a Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII pedal; though the pedal does not alter the sound, just if you have a Spider IV I highly recommend that footpedal. On every setting, especially metal and insane distortion, the sound is exceptional. It is very obvious to me when the Switch is switched from any of the sounds to another. Also the pickups are fantastic for pinch harmonics which are used a lot in metal, which is what I use this guitar for.

I play metal, and have played for 2 and a half years, I got this guitar after the first year and for the time I could play some intermediate stuff, but no advanced, so it didn't stand out loads when I started playing it. But that was also because of the amp i had at the time, which was a fender, probably worth about 30. Now though, since I have my Line 6 everything about it is fantastic. When I was trying different guitars to get, I tried about five different BCriches, three Fenders and one Ibanez, this guitar stood out above all of them by miles, even though they were all in the same price range. If I lost it or it got stolen I wouldn't hesitate in buying a new one. I love everything about this guitar, the shape and finish is gorgeous, and the Floyd Rose is fantastic to play with, the pickups exceptional and the action also very good, though not the best I have felt. I now have a Dean Vendetta Resurrection which has the best action I have ever felt, but i bought that for 500 so it was 131 more, which i think is fair enough, while the sound is probably better in some ways the Dean came with problems, and a strap peg broke, which makes the Schecter more reliable than a 500 guitar. This guitar is fantastic value for money. I sincerely recommend it.

I have had this guitar for about 15 months, and I play for about 5 hours a day, this means the finish where it sits on my leg has worn away to reveal the wood beneath but everywhere else, while it has scratches, it has to be scrutinized very closely to be noticed. This is a very solid and reliable guitar, no problems have ever occurred so there wont be need for a backup guitar at a gig.

Everything when I got it was perfect and has remained perfect for the 15 months I have had it, with no flaws or problems at all. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and there were absolutely no problems with anything. Just make sure you don't leave the jack in when you're not playing as it drains the battery powering the active pickups.

To start, let's start with the bridge. The Bridge is a Floyd Rose; it has absolutely perfect spring tension making it firm enough that you don't over-stretch the strings, but it's not hard to move. It has a good feel to it to use for things such as dive-bombs, or anything else a Floyd Rose would be used for. The only problem I found when I began playing this guitar was getting used to tuning; I would tune it up, but the locks on, but then the string tension would sometimes mess the tuning up while trying to bring it to e-standard, and sometimes knock the fine tuners off. The body is Basswood, the neck maple and the fretboard rosewood decorated with pearl inlays. The neck is also a bolt on. All of this makes it a very heavy guitar, and while getting used to standing can give cramp in the shoulder. The finish in my opinion is gorgeous. It is a satin black matte finish which works perfectly well with the Avenger body shape giving it a very "cool" appearance. My version has active pickups which is very good (which will be explained in the next section) but to some people when the battery has worn down it may annoy them. They are Duncan Designed. I have heard that the tuners are Grovers, but on mine they say Schecter, they come with locking devices so the Floyd Rose does not put them out of tune, but without using the Floyd Rose with the locks off the tuners stay in tune exceptionally well. There are no extra accessories which come with it apart from a cable of rather good quality, mine got used a lot but lasted for the best part of a year, with rough usage. Ordinary bags don't fit it; I had to purchase a bass guitar bag to fit it in. It has 1 tone, 1 volume and 1 3-way switch. While trying to be completely unbiased, while I have pointed out problems they're extremely minor which is why I still give it such a high rating.