Revenger FR review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Schecter: Revenger FR

Purchased from: Local instrument shop

I play everything from rock n' roll to thrash metal which includes glam etc. This thing executes the heavier genres best, because of the rich fat sound it produces but I can play everything else I want on it. I have tried it with some Marshalls, Peavey's and Line 6 (unfortunately), and it sounds bada-s! I have Marshall mini stack Dave Mustain signature, and it gets a decent sound, but it's waaaay better on a biga-s Marshall stack! I never actually uses effects except for when I'm playing on the clean channel. On the clean channel, I use just a little chorus to get the clean parts as good sounding and beautiful as possible, the sound is great! Doesn't produce tiny bits of distortion when I play rough, when playing clean. The guitar is a good alround guitar, it's best suited for heavy metal and harder stuff, but it sounds good when playing rock n' roll as well.

I play everything from rock n' roll to thrash metal, and the guitar can go through all those genres but I personally thinks that it sounds better when playing thrash metal. Fits Megadeth, Sodom, Judas Priest best. I have been playing for 4 years now and I could have been better since I'm a lazy motherf--ker. I have my Schecter of course, a BaCH Explorer, two fake china guitars (I knew it from before I buyed them, just wanted to see how they were), a Tokai mat (most advanced Technology) and my personal favorite, my Peavey Vandenberg 1st edition. What I personally love about this thing is the Floyd Rose, it kicks so much a-s and it never gets out of tune. Not really, I learned what I needed to know along the way. If this thing was stolen, I would seek out that bitch and f--king throw him (possibly a him) into the kitchen and make me a f--king sammich!

This motherf--ker will withstand alot of live playing. I have gigged with it a few times and it has never made any trouble for me. The hardware is of good quality and will last for many years to come. The strap buttons are very solid since they are big and I'm using a very thich leather strap which I couldn't almost get on the buttons when I first got it. I have used this without a backup and it went smoothly, but you'll NEVER know what may happen so I will have a backup everytime I gig. The finish will wear and that is something you have to accept, somewhere on the body, the finish are very thin so if you bump into something the tree will show. I don't care so much about that since I have used a knife and scratched every side of the body, looks bada-s but I don't recommend it to someone who wants the finish to last.

When I first bought it, it has been in the shop for 3 months I think and there has been a lot of people who had tried it in that amount of time but I'm happy that no one have scratched the hell out of it or bumped it into something. It was in a perfect state when I got a hold of it, the pickup was adjusted just as I like it, the space between the strings and the fretboard was great. I love low action. Everything has been intact since I've bought it and I have owned it for about 3 years now and there has been absolutely nothing wrong with it. Everything has been perfect on this guitar except for the fat neck, but that doesn't make the guitar bad in any way at all.

The guitar was made maybe in 2008 I think in Indonesia. The neck scale is about 25.5" which is a little too thick. Rosewood fretboard with 24 frets and has cool gothic cross inlats. It got black satin finish, and does only look like an B.C. Rich Mockingbird if you turn it around otherwise it's the same body as Synyster Gate's signature guitars. This monster is mounted with two Duncan Designed Active HB-105. It's written "Schecter" on the tuners, which is very good! The Licenced Floyd Rose kicks f--king tons of ass! It never falls out of tune, it's way easier to pull down or up than the floyds on Jacksons, B.C. Riches etc. I can rape the hell out of the f--king thing and it's still in tune! I couldn't ask for a better tremolo system. It's a great thing if you want to use alot of divebombs, squeals etc.