S-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: S-1 Elite

It suits my style perfectly which is metal, and I only run through basic Fender princton chorus distortion. It goes good with any style. It can be as loud and noisy as you want it, on treble it can let a little bit of feedback out but barely noticable. The guitar can make almost any sound except insane ones like Corey.

I play mostly metal but I play a little of everything, and it is a good match for all. I've been playing for two years and I own a Fender Telecaster, Malden Stiger, and Epiphone Firebird VII and for amps a Fender 8x8 and a Fender princeton chorus. I wish I had gotten the Schecter C1 Elite because of its alpine white finish and high treble. If it was lost or stolen I would buy a Schecter C1 Elite.

This guitar can with stand live playing by a mile, the hardware is a little fragile but it holds, the strap buttons are way more solid then you think. I would use it on a gig without a backup but I don't play in front of thousounds. The finish is thick with four coats of clear finish for extra playing.

Out of the factory it had a nice set up with crazy action. The pickups were almost perfect just a little twicked in shipping. The bridge is really nice and holds your tune, and the top is rout to perfection. The only flaw was the top string buzzed and the frets from 20 and down were a little rough.

The Schecter S1 Elite is a very versitile guitar I personally feel. It can play from blues, rock, metal, MC Hammer, and much more. One problem is the treble knob goes out relatively fast. It was made in 2005 in korea, it's only 22 frets but it's versatility make up for it. It's a laminated top doesn't scratch easy, the neck is mohogany with a body of the same wood. It's a simplistic black staind top. It's a double cut away body hand stop at the end of the neck. It contains a Tune-O-Matic bridge which lets it hold its sound for long periods. It holds passive electronics. It has a 3-way push pull system off the rhythm knob. It has 2 Duncan 101 pickups with single coils hand wound. It has locking grover tuners which easily help you tune. It did not come with any accescories but it's a really nice guitar.