S-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: S-1 Elite

This guitar can handle Metal and rock with the pickups that it has in it. Then it can handle Blues with the tab that can be pulled up, which gives you a single coil sound because it splits the humbuckers, and can always be put back to the original humbuckers no problem without losing the sound. Then neck is great with your hands, has more of a PRS neck. Thinnier than a Gibson and thicker than a Fender. When you bend a string, it gets thsi unique sound, especially with the neck humbucker. With the bridge humbucker, you get a clean sound no matter what you play.

I mainly play metal and rock, some hardcore. The guitar just looks that bad, and plays even badder. I have been playing this guitar for about 1 month, I have a Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE which is great. They compare pretty evenly in my eyes. I compared it to A Schecter omen, but the omens metal sound was too clumpy, same with the Schecter Tempest. Then I saw the C1 Elite, they had the same sound except I didn't like that jazz pickup. So I decided I would give up 24 frets for a better pickup.

This guitar definately stands live playing well. It Adjusts to different temperature easily. The hardware hasnt failed me yet, so it should last, unless I destroy them. The strap buttons are great! I have a strap that is realy beaten up and looser, but since these Strap Buttons are so wide, it fit perfectly, and it wont fall out from the strap.

The action was pretty regular. The pickups have and still have not had any problems, perfect! This guitar had no problems at all. And the Finish on the guitar is artwork, black cherry finish.

This guitar has a very unique sound for a guitar. It can play metal, punk, and blues without changing a setting on your amp. It has 22 jumbo frets. The pickups are the Seymour Duncan Designed HB-102 / SC-102, with a tab that you can pull up to split the coils for a single coil sound. Great feature. 3-way switch selector, one volume, one tone, and one tab button/volume for the single coil sound. Grover tuners that keep it in tune. Mahagony/quilted maple body. Mohagony/rosewood neck. Black chrome hardware. Black Cherry Finish.