S-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: S-1 Elite

Purchased from: Birthday Gift

This fits my style perfectly. I'm not much for Strats and Teles, because I like a thick, LP-like neck. And this guitar brings the sound of a Strat and an LP neck together. It's awesome. The Coil Tap is prefect for blues, softer rock, stuff like that (Clapton, Hendrix, etc.). I use it through a Fender FM65 DSP and it works beautifully. Clean tone, Metal tone, it sounds awesome.

I play everything, and this guitar accommodates well to my styles. I've been playing for about a year, and I own an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. If this guitar was stole or lost... I'd go berserk and kill whoever stole it... or buy a new one.

This guitar withstands live playing without a backup, most definitely. The hardware is perfect, though I'll probably upgrade the pick-ups. The Strap-buttons are just fine, no problems there. The finish... it's nearly indestructible. Ok, not THAT good, but perfect as long as you don't plan on throwing it on the ground too much.

The action is perfect for me. I like a nice, low action. The pick-ups were a tad low, but that wasn't a problem. The Bridge and the hardware are all finely set up. There's no flaws really, it's quite a guitar.

This is an amazing guitar for any genre of music. The body is very light, but there's still tons of sustain. Grover tuners, Seymour Duncan Pick-ups. Volume for each pick-up, and a coil-tap swtich. 3-way Pick-up Switch. 22 Jumbo frets. Awesome in-lays, I mean really, way better than any others.

jpk6044
    Nice. I paid $1300 for my VG Stratocaster. I can probably get a wider range of tones (humbuckers, singles, acoustic, baritone, multiple tunings, etc) from my Strat but it sounds like this guitar will give you some decent versatility for about half the price.
    shecterboy910
    i have this guitar its absolutly amazing has such a nice sound and can play lots of different music on it and i only paid 668 dollars for it and it came witha free case =] i give this guitar a 10/10
    Shinsen88
    Not a big fan of the S-series (I'm a C-Series man), but like all Schecters this one sounds and plays amazing.
    JBShredMaster
    i've had this for a year it's awesome .the only thing wrong with mine is that the jack input becomes a bit loose sometimes.Apart from that it's awesome !
    rhoads13
    I own a Scheceter S-1 Elite Diamond Series, and I've been trying to find someone else with another one like it. It doesn't have the same features as the normal S-1 Elite. I'll have better pictures of it up soon, but it's green, has diamond shaped abalone inlays without the abalone binding around the guitar or the neck. The pickups aren't the push/pull switching ones, but just regular. I've put Zakk Wylde EMG's in it and it sounds incredible. Wiring up a second battery to the pickups soon as well.
    vidorsdmf
    i have had an epi sg400, a kramer beretta and a knock off fender. this guitar blows them out the water. ive had mine for 4 years now. i have a skb case for it of course. i play through a peavy 5150 and a zw overdrive and crybaby whah. the sound of this guitar is unbeatable. it has a shallow neck which lets you hit all frets with ease. and it doesent have the pesky block on the back of the neck like a LP so solos fire at will. this is my fav guitar. i almost bought an esp lp over this but chose this instead and it was the best decision ever. no to mention this beast looks sexy as hell too
    savory_softy
    ozoneslayer : i just dont understand that almost all rewievers give their guitar 10/10
    I would've disagreed till I read the 'almost'. But a lot of these people are either from a guitar store and just hyping it up or people just don't bother reviewing crap.