S-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: S-1 Elite

Purchased from: mug.se

This guitar have a wide sound range for all styles of music, althouch I use mine for heavy metal and rock.

I mainly play rock and heavy metal and this guitar is perfect for this but it can also be used for all other types aswell, I play with a Marshall G80RCD and that works fine for me, if it were ever stolen I would definatly consider buying another.

This guitar is very reliable and I would use it for everything, and all the hardwere is not going to break easily.

This is a very solid guitar and I have not had any problems with any thing so far although the knobs will have to go.

It was made in 2005 in Korea but is not just put together anyold how, it is a 1 piece guitar and is very well built, double cutaway with Ultra access and Duncan designed pickups, grover tuners and a three way selector switch, it also has 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob with coil tap.

gtrsteve
    I really like my Schecter S-1 Elite but I had forgotten how much until I came here and read the reviews looking to see if I could get any more info on several things. It had seemed to me that the volume controls on mine didn't do much between 5 & 10, but nobody had anything bad to say about the volume controls. So I went and got my S-1 and checked again for myself and actually they seem to be working just fine. The one thing which made me rate it a 9 was the fact that the tone control should have a gnarled finish in order to pull it up for the coil tapping. My hand slips off of the control often when I want to pull it up. Come to think of it, I wish that bridge pup volume control was either a balance control for the pickups or a tone control with the popup coil splitter for the neck pickup and the other tone control with the popup was just for the bridge pickup and then have that neck volume control be a master volume instead. Then there would be much more variety and only one volume to deal with. I am so used to the Master volume setup from playing Strats all these years. I asked a guy at Schecter, on the phone, about customizing, but he was not very nice at all. I think if I did that kind of customizing, that Lifetime Warranty would go down the drain "as some might say". Anyway, I want to get a much better guitar case for the S-1. I don't have the Schecter one, just a generic. Someone said that the Schecter ones for that don't hold up, that they were garbage. So, I was hoping someone knew which SKB or Gator case with a TSA approved lock would be the correct one? SKB had the one for the PT Standard, but no mention of the S-1 Elite. The reason I wanted an SKB case is they have these military grade, waterproof, and mostly indestructible compared to most regular cases and TSA approved so a musician doesn't have to worry about bad baggage handling. I won't take any instruments on a plane without cases like that. SKB calls them the iSeries. anyway, let me know if anyone knows which case is for the S-1. Thank you.