Synyster Gates Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Custom

Purchased from: Big apple music

This guitar suits my music accordingly, I play mostly heavy rock, and punk rock, and random soloing, this guitar can do it all. I use a Line 6 POD X3 Live and a Marshall TSL 100 with this guitar and it gives you any sound you want, in the middle position with the coils tapped, this is the most "pretty" sounding clean I've ever heard, and when the coils aren't being tapped, it gives you a real bright sound distorted, in any position. it's not noisy at all due to humbuckers.

This guitar is a perfect match for the rock I play, the style and paint job of the guitar turns heads everywhere and everyone says it's awesome. I'm 16 and I've been playing since december of like 2005 and the only gear I own is a POD X3 Live, my Marshall stack, AKG guitar bug wireless system, and a Rouge acoutic that came with the wireless. If it were stolen, I'd be super pissed, I would definitly but it again because it feels great sitting in your lap or standing up, it plays great, and if it's good enough for synyster to write his albums with, it's good enough for me. I would buy it again if I had the money. I love pickups and the number of frets and I love the tremelo, except I didn't know previous to buying this guitar, that with a tremelo, if you change the tuning of one string, it changes every other sting, which makes tuning from E to D difficult for Standard to dropped D. I compared this product to ESP's KH602, they where in the same price range, but the only real difference I looked over was the pickups, it uses EMG's and although that's a more agressive pickup, the style of this guitar beat out the KH602. This guitar has everything I need, so I do not wish it had anything else. Bottom line, if you have $900, buy this guitar and you'll love yourself.

This guitar can definitly withstand being played live, it always is in tune, the hardware can't oxidize because it's not exposed metal, the strap buttons are solidly set and haven't loosened on me, haven had it for over a year, I would use it without a backup, simply because I don't have a backup. The finish is there to last, playing it as much as I have with the time I've had it.

This guitar was fine set up from the factory, the action was set perfect for soloing, the pickups where adjusted fine. When I got my guitar, everything was neat and perfect, except I had a knick in the very top of the headstock due too. Who knows? and my tone knob is a little bit looser than the volume knob.

This guitar features 24 jumbo frets, Seymour Duncan custom invaders, double locking original flyod rose trem. coil taps. A 3-way Switch, grover tuners, ebony fingerboard, mahogany body, a volume and a tone knob. Special "syn touches". It was crafted in korea and is a truely quality guitar.

ilovemySG
    StanwoodSpartan
    i played this and the schecter hellraiser c-1 fr at the guitar center the other day the hellraiser is 100 dollars cheaper sounds better but this guitar i can play much faster sweeping feels way easyer to do and on this 24 fret guitar im use to playing on 22 fret guitars but the syn custom was like a illusion it felt like a 22fret guitar
    splicky
    Love the look of this guitar and from what i've heard sounds amazing too. Thinking of buying one to sit on my wall so I can drool over it!
    Zertuche
    Synyster is a sloppy guitarist but his guitar is decent. I played it at the shop and I thought it suited what I played but I'm not sure if I should buy this Sig. Model or just get a plain Avenger.
    roosterfx1
    i like the shape. its pretty unique. its not like a lame les paul or strat down right rip off. i also think it looks better in white with black pinstripes.
    splicky
    ilovemySG wrote: i love everything about this guitar, the pickups the frets the trem BUT I DONT WANT IT TO BE DECKED OUT IN A7X STUFF ANY OTHER GUITAR SUGGESTIONS?
    Why not get a guitar custom made by schecter? Go to their web page and have a look.
    HFR
    minivia wrote: and whats with the skull and top hat on the head, theres only one guy who can have the top hat
    True only slash!! But synyster gates rocks!
    guitar491
    I've played it, I love it. It totally blew me away, I love the look of it. I'm a massive fan of A7X and Syn, my favorite band and guitarist, I played it and the tone is amazing. You can get the awesome tone you need, be it bright and 'pretty' cleans, dark and gloomy cleans, modern metal or over trebley (more Dimebag style) tones. The most AMAZING guitar I have ever played (in my explorative 3-4 years of playing) and i'm saving up for it.
    madvedon
    if you dressed like synyster a flashy super inlay-ish guitar is really not a concern
    punk Rocker 32
    i would seriously buy the custom if it came with the paint job in beast and the harlot vid. ebony finish with RED pimp stripes and Red pickup covers! that would be so cool,im still gonna get one even with the cool paint job or the even cooler one.
    deathbatt6661
    Im getting the syn custom but the standard is cheaper so i was wondering if anyone knew if the standard sounds the same and if it can hold up while im preforming like on stage and stuff. (id rather get the cheaper one to save money if i can)