Synyster Gates Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Custom

Purchased from: guitarcenter

When I got the guitar I was playing mostly metal(mainly originals but some covers of Ozzy, A7X (couldn't help it), Megadeth, Metallica etc. Which it worked very well for but now I'm playing more hard rock and even though I love how it plays... I can't stand the amount of low end. I don't think this guitar has much versatility at all... Just play what it was made for (hard hitting heavy metal). I play throught a 100w Marshal Vintage/Modern halfstack my main pedals include Zakk Wylde Wah Wah (handles great in heavy gain), Tone Bone HOT British and an Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer.

For playing any heavey metal do not look any further that's what this guitar does and that's were it belongs. I also own two Jackson RR3s, a Mexican Fender Strat, Agile doubleneck, and just recently a Burny super grade and besides the Burny its my favorite guitar to play. I do wish it had a pick up with slightly less bass because there is more beef to this guitar then I ever needed for hard rock/rock so my suggestion is keep it for metal or change the pickups... Thinking about putting in Gibson 57 Classic plus pickups or Bill Lawrence XL500s. Not sure if I want to keep it for metal... Ohh well hope this helped.

I've giged with this guitar a hundred times and it will last for a thousand more. There isnt a damn thing I don't trust on this thing whether it be the Floyd Rose or the input jack. This thing is solid! However I did change the buttons to Dunlop strap locks.

When I purchased the guitar there wasn't a scratch or dent on it. The action was what made me love it so much not to mention the neck joint is more comfortable than my kingsize bed. I didn't even have to adjust the flood. When I took it home it was good to go. However I did change the buttons to Dunlop strap locks.

I have the black/silver model made in Indonesia I bought it 2 years ago and have loved it ever since. Its got 24 reachable frets on an ebony fretboard and this guitar is solid as solid could be. Guitars don't get much heavier than this one which could be a downer for some people but I love a good workout. I have started using titanium Ernie Ball strings on it because I hate to change strings and the titanium last 5 times as long easy so I have had the same strings on for months now and the floyd still hasn't gone out of tune. It has custume invader pickups with a master tone and master volume with a 3way Switch with a coil split on push/pull on the tone knob.