Synyster Gates Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Custom

Purchased from: Davis Guitars

The pickups provide seriously high output and this really helps with the hammer ons and pull offs. The humbuckers have NO buzz even when I'm at a full metal setting. Also, a coil tap feature is also on the guitar. It gives quite a low tone I'd say, but with the tone knob on full, it gives a very crisp sound. I play metal and rock, thus, the guitar is usually at its best, on distortion.

It totally suits me more than my other guitars as the fretboard is ebony and I just love the Floyd, although I kinda agree that it is kinda under utilized (the Floyd). I own 3 other guitars and this guitar has the most narrow neck I have ever played. The neck is kinda thick compared to Ibanez ones but it does benefit the sustain, the inlays are beautiful, but if you hate the feeling of plastic under your fingers, better not go for it. I love it very much and enjoy taking care of it like oiling and wiping, polishing the frets etc. I would not buy it again though, as I would rather save for a PRS. I'd say its the best guitar I've ever played so far, If Synyster Gates loves it, there's definitely potential and quality to it!

It seems to be a very solid and hardy guitar, I have never knocked it though, not for me to say for now. I will be changing the strap button to Schaller strap locks. As for the gold hardware, it will definitely rust faster than ordinary ones. I have not taken it for a gig before but I definitely will.

The guitar was set up perfectly with very low action and it had no fret buzz at all. The pickups are at a just right height for me. No extra setting up was needed! But as I said earlier, there was a blemish on the finish. The gold and white finish is magnificent and I personally think it looks beautiful.

It has a floyd rose 1000 which pretty much does the same job that a totally original made in germany floyd would. The grover tuners are definitely trustable and has a 18:1 tuning ratio which allows for very accurate tuning, however, its a pain in the ass to restring the floyd of course, and the 18:1 ratio doesnt't help either. Mine is the limited edition white with gold version though. Apart from the floyd, the paintjob has a very tiny uneven distribution that is really hard to spot, thus its quite alright! It does not have a contoured body but it does not matter to me, the upper horn is large, but does not get in the way for me.

tmjns796
    Sure, if you wanna pay that much for a mediocre guitar for the price.
    Hardly a mediocre guitar! I have one, im not a huge avenged sevenfold fan... i didnt get it because a bum synyster, i got it because i think it looks cool. i got it new but damaged (b stock) for about half the price, but i would have payed the full amount for it. im not going to cty about a tiny scratch on the back of the headstock! The pickups are amazing, they make a dirty crunch kinda sound, like no other guitar i have tried thru my 6262 with custom EL34's and Eminence Legend 1258's in custom 412! its totaly comfortable to play for long periods of time, 10x better than my tele anyhow! i play with eb skiny top heavy bottoms, but could benefit from a proper set of 10's maybe? feels nice and balanced, looks ace but its not a guitar i would ever gig with (again) :-( the trouble is people who know who syn is expect you to play like him, or at least some a7x songs.... so thats the only bad thing i guess. the neck is one of the fastest i have played.
    tmjns796
    I have been playing guitar for 13/14 years. i do class myself as an 'seasoned' guitarist, im good at what i play, and i know what sounds good to me, and i dont play everything ( or anything) with everything on 10 : hahahaha