Synyster Gates Standard review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Standard

Purchased from: www.drumcityguitarland.com

This guitar has a great sound for heavy metal or hard rock guitar players. I has a great tone and is really good for sustaining. I'm currently using it with a Peavey Bandit 112 amp, so there's only so much it can do, but it sounds great compared to my old guitar. There isn't too much sound from the guitar, mostly from the amp, but when set to the bridge pickup, it makes a low hum. The guitar makes a great distorted sound and the Floyd Rose makes dive bombs and anything with the whammy bar sound fantastic.

I just love this guitar. I love the sound of it when playing my style of music, which is heavy metal, or anything heavy. I've been playing guitar for almost 6 years now, and this guitar is a great guitar for me to play. If it were to be stolen, I would most definitely buy it again. I strongly recommend this guitar for anyone Who enjoys playing heavy music and loves the sound of dive bombs.

This guitar will most definitely withstand Live playing and any abuse anyone can give to their guitar. It has a great Mahogany body, which makes it very durable; kind of heavy, but still durable. The strap buttons are solid, but like most guitars, will probably come loose eventually. Everything seems like it will last nicely. I just purchased the guitar, so it will take a little while to see what it's all about, but from what I have seen so far, it's a great guitar.

The action from the factory wasn't great, but yet satisfactory. It still needs to be tuned and set up a little better. The pickups were well adjusted, I was happy with that. Everything else seemed in order and the finish was great. No scratches, dents, or anything.

This is a Brand New guitar from summer of 2006. It is Synyster Gates' pro model from Schecter. It has a mahogany body with a Maple/Rosewood neck, 24 jumbo frets (which is a great feature), floyd rose, Duncan design pickups and all kinds of doodads. Not to mention that it looks great with silver stripes and the death bat and "SYN" on the inlays.

haz_uk
    the custom has an original floyd rose and an ebony fretboard, as well as the seymour duncan invaders you mentioned. go for the custom if you can afford.
    ArcherTheVMan
    why does this reviewer seem to think the standard model, with duncan design pickups and licensed floyd rose, is the pro model?
    silentdob
    This would be beautiful, if it didnt have all that crap on the fret board
    nopoleon779467
    synistergates
    Gates is the greatest. I wanted this guitar so bad! But I just couldn't afford it, so i got a dragon fly x =\
    badguitarist13
    id get it if i could (without $ issues) but i dont like the stripes. i could live with the fret board crud but the stripes... um... no thx. also, i actually might get this sooner if it WASNT because of Synyster Gates. i dont like his sound he has and just like Mizzie V says: he sucks. so i dont like him,the stripes, or his sound but other then that, the guitar works well and sounds nice. =)
    SiNishad
    wait so whats the difference between custom and standard? im gonna replace the pickups with steve vai's dimarzio evolutions anyways...so which one should i get n the end for high quality?
    A_Syn_7_Gates_X
    There are no Uk dealers for this guitar. you have to go to the states to collect one. as soon as the syn guitars come into the country sound control will be the first to know about it so keep and eye out on the site. I have Both the standard and the custom and i have to say custom owns the sound because of the custom invaders but the standard is the more comfortable one to play because the neck is just slightly this much thinner (about this much thinner >> | |) so i reccomend the standard. I'm Out..::..
    zooolig
    i got this guitar i luved it soo much i sold it and put sum xtra money and got 2 customs and i got 1 signed by all the members of A&X and now it is in a glass case on the wall behind me
    Avenger969
    Synyster jr
    Avenger969 wrote: im an a7x fan and i like the guitar but dont play it at a gig if u buy it. cuz its ganna look really tacky if ur play someone eless signature model. I suggest a hellraiser if ur ganna get a schecter. Im gettin a hellraiser avenger soon, its got they body of the syn model but emg pickups.
    I have his custom schecter and its amazing and if i play live il definately use it
    pspsean
    How much did you purchase this guitar for, and also, does it have the locking nut>?? please help me
    SynysterSlash
    This guitar is definatley worh the 600 you pay for. Ive never played the custom but i hear its the same. The Detonators in this gutar are amazing. The Floyd rose make the divebombs sound amazing. Mine came with a little bit of a wolf tone but im fixing that soon. It gets the Synyster tone.
    stevenisonfire
    i just bought this guitar, was just checking reviewcomes in about a week cause i live in the uk, excitedthough
    nicotine_13
    Does anyone know what strings the Syn Custom/ Standard comes with? And does anyone know if guitarcentre.com is a reliable onlite shop? And if so, do they deliver to other countries?
    lo-ball
    i hav this guitar and i personally think its an exelent choice...I bought it in sound control in glasgow for 499 and its just fantastis...it has an exellent sound i would recomend it to anyone.
    AzNjT
    guys? Does any one know if the Syn signatures are Neck Heavy guitars? Like the MockingBird or Explorer or any other Neck Diving guitars? or just it sit and stay like a Les Paul or Strat would? Thanks and MUCH APPRICIATED!!
    nightwalker903
    tonywoollard wrote: Does anyone know a UK supplier of this fantastic guitar
    sound control are the only licensed schecter dealer i think
    Savage101
    this guitar is awesome. i just got mine yesterday, and so far it's perfect for me.
    Xzen
    Been looking around for a while now for a second guitar it seems as schecter is an up and coming company you get better value for the money sadly i live in the UK and sound control are the only official supplier... Does anyone know what the price of the Standard and the Custom versions are of this guitar in English Pounds? ()
    fire within
    Chevelle454 wrote: hahahahahahaha to fire within they already have a hellraiser avenger but i'm pretty sure it has emgs in it. I saw a7x live when they came around with coheed and they played everything perfectly
    I said an FR one, they do not have one yet (make sense yet why I said it?)
    fire within
    Sorry for the double post but I also want to mention that I saw it in stock in the Glasgow Soundcontrol if anyone really cares
    goldbuddist
    the custom one ownz the standard...but the only difference is the pickups and the floyd rose are the originals i believe....thats a little too little to be jumping from 600 to 900.....but whatever
    SynysteR7
    GreenDay, its the same to tune as any other guitar... how long it takes pretty much depends how fast you can do it. I can tune a guitar pretty fast just tune the E string with a tuner and the rest is fine
    Razeon
    Damn Son! That's a nice guitar! I'm gonna pick me up one of these!
    pht
    synyster is an awesome guitarist, but i dislike the sound his guitars make, so i dont recommend this one.
    Koty_Vengeance
    nevermin i just checked but i guess schecter changed it because they both had invaders during the summer
    nolifemusician
    wussy u should beat the living shit out of the dude who stole it, THEN buy it again. jeez but anyway it looks good and his tone is freaky anyway. ids still but it. only once
    Acheron95
    I think im going to pick this guitar up; love everything about it but all the fret inlays = /
    Weybl Himself
    fire within wrote: get the custom if you can afford it the vengance custom and standard are also quite nice and you do get right handers
    Yeah, I really don't like A7X, but personally, I just don't like the shape of this axe, can't argue with the hardware (on the custom at least) but I never liked the avenger. I like the look of Zacky's better, but that's just me. Just cos the band might not be up your alley, doesn't mean the guitars are no good.
    XPandaXBear
    synstyer custom uses more rosewood, standard has maple. Both good woods, but, maple is the alternative. Buy a custom if youve got the cash. i love a7x
    nopoleon779467 wrote: would you recomend me get this or the synyster custom??I like the duncan sh-8 invaders in the custom,but other than that not a huge difference.
    XPandaXBear
    but then, i havent read that article on there guitars in a while. so check it out first.
    fire within
    schecter should just make an Avenged Hellraiser FR for those that dont like the design or the band. the band are very good, one of the best at the moment, but synyster is nowhere near the best player ever
    SchitzoJoe
    I was given this guitar for Christmas, and I have to say, I am very pleased. I have not had many problems with this guitar whatsoever, and it is quite durable as well. The only bad problem I have with it is the issue of tuning- It stays in tune for quite a while if you LEAVE it in a certain key. If you keep it in Standard Tuning (EADGBE) all the time, you shouldn't have any tuning issues, but myself, I like playing songs by different artists, so I go from standard to Drop-D tuning alot, causing the other strings to be affected as well. You also have to tune it after it's purchased, because it's quite out of tune when you get it, but it's not too bad. It's a great guitar, and I would recommend anyone getting it. It costs $599 from most places, and it's a very sturdy, wonderful sounding guitar. It may not have the custom Duncan Invader humbuckers, but the standard ones are good enough. Being a big fan of the band AND the brand (Schecter), I an very pleased wth this guitar.
    PunkRocka182
    ahhh i looked every where and i cant find a price in GBP only in dollars! then i dont even wanna fink about pastage to the uk, if any1 has ne links please cud u PM them to me!! cheers