Synyster Gates Standard review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Standard

Price paid: € 399

Purchased from: Ebay

This Guitar is really great if you play rock or metal. The tone is really great and has much sustain. It totally fits my style because I love hard music. I tried other guitar before but this one is so much better. I am using it with a Line 6 spider 30 amp and the guitar has the best sound with it when you play with the bridge pickup. You can do many sounds with the guitar because of that really great Floyd Rose tremolo which makes amazing divebombs.

This Guitar is SO awesome for hard music like hard rock or metal. I love it.The sound that comes out of the guitar is totally what I expected! I would instantly buy it again if it would be stolen. The best Feature of that really great looking guitar is the Floyd Rose Tremolo. Only the Pickups aren't that good, but you could buy better ones and for that low price I paid I can not complain.

What I can say for now is that - this guitar is made for Live playing! I use this guitar now for 1 year on Live shows and it looks and sounds like new. The strap buttons are very solid,but of course it could be that they come loose some time. With this guitar you don't nedd a backup. I hope the finish will always be that good.

The Action from the factory was great but could have been better(tuned a little bit better). The pickups were well adjusted but were a bit rusty. The guitar had no scratches dents or anything. The pickup selecter makes little noises but that is not upsetting me.

This is the Schecter Synyster Standard. The guitar was made in 2006 and is the signature model of Synyster Gates. It has 24 jumbofrets a mahagony body, rosewood/maple neck which is very thin, a double locking licensed foyd rose tremolo, passive Duncan Designed Hb-108 Humbucker,one volume and tone control(3-way selector) Grover tuners. This guitar looks really great with the sliver stripes and the "SYN" inlays.

Lemoninfluence
    holy crap checked this is a review of a sig guitar, not the guitarist themselves. keep all comments/questions related to either the reviews or the guitar itself. stuff like 'syn rulz' or 'syn is overrated' will be treated as spam.
    sam 3000
    i like the fretbored but not wats on it. not sure about the headstock. dont realy like the pickups to shiny and the shape is not that appealing. but i gess that the floyd rose is good and im curious ... does it stay in tune after wammy???
    A7X-SynGates
    Is there a big difference between the standard version and the custom, because I would like to buy it, but I don't know if it really worth the price difference between both models.
    moose1512
    BaysideDevotion wrote: Ive seen a lot of things saying this is great for hard rock, heavy metal, etc., but how is it with lighter things to?
    Synyster's tone comes from a distorted scooped blues, seeing as he came from a blues background its expected, in regards to the guitar drop the overdrive and distort and theres some pretty nice bluesy clean tones hiding beneath. Played the custom model though, not sure about the standard.
    alexec947
    Guitarist_JT wrote: This guitar is very good, there isn't much difference between this and the custom except for the pick ups so I'd go ahead and buy this if you don't have the money to buy the custom.
    Err....yeah there is. You are right about the pickups; the Custom ones are better. But the custom also has an OFR, this has an LFR. The OFR is much better. Also, the neck construction on the custom is better. I honestly think that with the custom, you get what you pay for as far as the upgrades are concerned.
    Guitarist_JT
    Syn15
    umm i probably dont hav enough money 4 the custom but should is it worth it to wait or should i get the standard plz msg me bac and giv opinion, thanks.
    minchew
    Actually I like it alot. I wouldn't buy it because it is too easy to pick out as someones signature, and that would bother me. Good guitar though.
    lespaulisgod
    I cant really comment on the standard but i had the honor of playing the syn custom at a GC a few weeks ago. The custom had a coil tap feature on it so that helps getting good cleans. As far as the "SYN" and deathbat on the neck, i thought it caused my fingers to not slide around the neck as much as id like but thats just me. But the only things that are diff on the standard and the custom is bolt-on neck on the standard, and the custom had a better FL on it, not to mention that i think they have diff pick-ups now. Either way im sure its amazing to play and it cant be THAT much diff from the custom, which is amazing to play by anyone's standards.
    Billy Picken
    This is a Schecter Avenger with Syn's paint scheme on it. I have the TCM Avenger and they are awesome Guitars.
    BaysideDevotion
    Multiplayerjon
    DieYouBastard wrote: *Gets erection*
    xD wait i hate to be dumb but whats the diff between this and the special?
    bass_monkey
    silentdob wrote: This would be beautiful, if it didnt have all that crap on the fret board