Synyster Gates Standard review by Schecter

Schecter: Synyster Gates Standard

Purchased from: Georges Music

I mainly play Rock, Hard Rock and Metal, and it does all those styles really good. If I'm gonna play anything clean I will often use my Fender Strat, but I recently tried the Synyster on a clean channel, suprisingly it worked quite well. When playing this guitar, I will usually play it through my Marshall MG100DFX, only becuase it has insane amounts of distortion, and this is where the guitar really shines. I tried it through my Fender Super Champ XD for the clean sounds, it wasn't too bad but I wouldn't do it often. I also use a Vox VT40+ which will go good with anything. I usually just use the amps effects and overdrive but I tried it with a DigiTech Death Metal pedal, it seemed to do ok. The guitar has a very nice rich, full sounding tone, perfect for anything from Classic Rock to Death metal.

This is a great guitar for rock and metal, the pickups are very high output with a lot of sustain. I own a Fender HSS Strat, a Hamer Scarab, and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. This is by far the best one for metal playing. If it were stolen I would probably have difficulty finding the money to get another one (I'm only 15). But I definetly would if I had the chance. There is nothing I absouloutly don't like about this guitar, everything is good. My favourite feature though, in terms of playing has to be Seymour Duncan HB-108 pickups combine with the Floyd Rose. It would be better if it had a volume knob and a tone knob for each pickup, but thats not too bad. Overall Very very good guitar!

it is a very solid, hard wearing guitar, it would easily withstand live playing, the Floyd Rose locking trem helps with this. As for gigging without a backup, anyone who does that is an idiot. But this guitar will stay in tune for ever, and you can whammy very hard for ages without the srings snapping. Overall, very reliable. I have used this guitar alot, and it has its wear, but the light scratches are not visible and the silver stripes are fully in tact, no signs of weakness there. It still sounds as good as the day I bought it.

I have owned the guitar for nearly 3 years now, and the only thing I would complain about is the strap buttons, they have come a bit loose. Other than that everything had been set up well, the neck hasn't moved at all or anything. When I buy a guitar I always adjust the Bridge to my liking, so I did with this one, but there was nothing wrong with it, just my personal preference. Every once in a while the tone knob comes a bit loose, but that just requires a very small alan key, and it doesn't happen often, nothing else is loose, tuners etc.

The Schecter Synyster Standard guitar was made in 2006 (I think), in China. It has 24 jumbo frets with a comfortable Rosewood fretboard. It also has the Deathbat inlay at the 12th fret which looks awesome. Its Mahogany body gives it a nice full sounding tone, However, this makes it very heavy, heavier than a les paul. The silver stripes on the jet black body makes it look even more sexy. The Floyd Rose Special trem is dependable on in a live situation, it stays in tune tune for ages, even when doing loads of dive-bombs and shit. It comes with Seymour Duncan HB-108 pickups, You get 1 volume control, and 1 Tone control with a 3-way selector switch. Overall, excellent.

Joostp
    nopoleon779467 wrote: would you recomend me get this or the synyster custom??I like the duncan sh-8 invaders in the custom,but other than that not a huge difference.
    Get the standard, the bolt-on neck beats the set-in neck from the custom. Also, if you like a bit more of a dynamic sound you should be happy enough about the pickups on the standard.