Tempest Custom review by Schecter

Schecter: Tempest Custom

Price paid: € 470

Purchased from: ppc-music.de

Mostly, I play from rock to alternative, and a little blues. Since it has the coil-tap ability it can get me anywhere I need it to. I play it through various amps, but mostly through a Roland Cube 20X using a Boss MT-2 and a Boss ME-25. It has almost no noise, since I've gone through whole the setup, electronics, wiring, etc. It has a great tone and amazing sustain. Does great for soloing, and so for power-chords. It is extremely versatile. But if you're really into hardcore stuff, you might need a different set of pickups.

As I mentioned I play from blues to alternative, and it's a perfect match. I play for about 3 years now, and I've had my hands on some pretty decent axes too (Mexican Tele's, A few Epiphone LPs, other Schecter guitars) and this guitar gives me everything I need. There's no question that I'd buy it again, if someone stole this one from me. I think I'd even try to buy back the stolen one, lol. I have mad love for this guitar. I did compare this one to a few LTD's at the same price. The only thing I'd wish was different is the pickup selector, I'd like it better if it were somewhere near the control knobs. At some point it seems uncomfortable, but that's just me.

This thing will handle pretty much everything you'll throw at it. I think you could even bash someone in the head with it, and it still would be playable, lol. I've used this guitar for over a year now, and has some minor scratches and that's it.

When I got it out of the box, it was ready for playing, the action was as low as it could get without fret-buzz, don't get me wrong, it was really low. It didn't have any flaws or anything, just amazing.

My Tempest Custom was made in South Korea, in 2008. It has 22 medium frets, with split crown inlays, like all the Tempest Custom's. Mahogany body, with a set 3 piece mahogany neck. Finished in Crimson Red. Strat-like body, with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has Duncan Designed HB-102 humbuckers, with 2 volume and 1 tone (push-pull) nob. And Grover tuners.