Tempest Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Tempest Extreme

Purchased from: FA Music Center

Actualy I play brit rock & Indie rock.. Even I know this brand is oriented for metal players, this guitar realy goes very well for any kind of music, it is a nice and versatile guitar.. I play on a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 with Boss rv-3 and Boss-Chorus pedals. I also own a Fender Strato Std USA, and EPI. Les Paul Std.. But I could say that this guitar will become one of my main ones for live performance as it mixes strato and les paul tones together! It brings a bright sustainish and rounded sound trough an original LesPaul-PaulReedSmith style shape!

In my life I had 8 diferent guitars (including Jap & USA Fender guitars) played many diferent styles for many years.. I could say that this guitar it feets quite good for any musician on any style.. I think it will become one of my main ones on stage! It delivers great mix of LesPaul-Strato tones that provides a sexual sound for a great value and design! I definitively recomend this guitar!

I would definitively use it on live performance, it leads very well! The only bad thing is that it's realy heavy to transport and wear on it! Not a good thing for my back and shoulders!.. The guitar parts are quite solid and well done. Each part it is designed on any sence from the look aspect to the touch feel.

The guitar is well seted-up, the paint job isn't bad for that value.. Anyway it came with a pait spot on the neck which I think thats something that they have to be more carefull on the inspection qualty. Overall it is not too bad.. I like the fact that it has an own shape design which I consider that it provides identity to the guitar as for a player as well.

Made in Indonesia, built with Basswood which is not a bad thing at all.. This guitar has a notable weight and in consequence great sustain! The shape it is kind of a mix of a Les Paul with a PRS. The finish is quite well for this value, the neck finish feels realy soft compared to other guitars. The hardware is very similar to les pual one.. Even the tuners are very much like Grover design!

rocketboy69
    hi guys i live in the worderfull S.A. afrika. i bought myself one yesterday for around R1700 which is around $170. mint cond. with that im running a laney mpx half stack and boss clear chorus + boss md 2..... best sound i've ever heard.