Tempest Extreme review by Schecter

Schecter: Tempest Extreme

I usually play hard rock and metal with it and it fits the genre perfect. The pick-ups in Harmony with the body makes a very fat tone that just screams for distortion/overdrive, and it fits rock just aswell as blues or even jazz in some ways. I run it with a old DigiTech Grunge distortion and a Vox wah into a Line 6 III 75w combo and when you find the real sweetspot you can't stop playing.

The guitar feels like it was made for me. I would never sell it for any amount of money because it's just to good. I got a Ibanez RGR320 that I've used alongside it but the Schecter is just one step ahead everytime I play my Ibanez. The only thing I would want for it is a neck with 24 frets but it's not someting I think about when I'm playing so 22 works fine with it.

This guitar wants to be used. It's a real workhorse and it will take alot of beating without problem. I've used it live many times and it's the last part of my rig that will die. The finish is more or less unchanged since I started using it but it has a couple of spots where it's missing tiny pieces.

When I bought it in -06 it was brand new and really felt like it. Nothing bad to report apart from the jack that's the main problem because it finds ways to get loose but that's something you can just tighten and keep playing. I think it's safe to say that they made a good job with it.

06 model made in Indonesia with 22 frets and a bolt-on neck. Came with 10-46 strings of the shelf when bought. Schectermade pick-ups with some great ompf when needed. (I think) The neck is a blend of the fat neck on a Gibson SG and the wizard II by Ibanez. Red cherry finish.