Tempest Semi-Hollow 1 review by Schecter

Schecter: Tempest Semi-Hollow 1

Purchased from: Chain O' Lakes Guitar

I can play almost any genre with my guitar. I can select the humbucker for more heavy rock (almost Metallica type tone), or select the minihumbucker and get almost single coils type tones. I am currently using a Silvertone amp, a Peavey Rage 158 amp, and a Fender Blues Junior at my dads house. When playing there is no buzz at all. Overall, the sounds you can get out of this guitar are almost limitless, as it is extremely versatile. This is by far one of the great points of this guitar.

Overall, for the price this was the best guitar in my immediate area. I went to 4 or so guitar shops around, and tried everything in the 400-675 USD range, and this was by far the best guitar I tried. I has the best playability of any guitar I have tried, and you can get so many tones out of it. My only real complaints is that it will not reach into some of the heavier tones, but considering it is a semi-hollow body I can't really complain. I personally love this guitar, and if it was stolen I would try and find another one. I would castrate the man Who stole it, as it is such a great guitar.

This guitar is extremely reliable. I have had no problems at all. All the hardware seems like it will last, and seem well made. I would absolutely gig without a backup, as this thing is a tank. While I have had no problems with this, I have yet to really get aggressive with it, so I can't give it great score. But it is built very solidly.

Straight out of the factory this guitar was set up pretty well, but with some help I have it set up perfect for me. The action can be set very low as I do, and there is no fret buzz. The guitar has no scratches at all, and is quite the sight to see. The only reason it gets a 8 is because I did have to adjust the string height, and had to raise the humbucker just a tad bit. Otherwise it is set up pretty well.

This is a 2004 Schecter Tempest Semi-Hollow body guitar. It's a trans-Orange color with a flame maple top, with a small f shaped hole. It has a maple fretboard, with rectanglish inlays. Overall the fretboard is pretty wide. Also it comes with gold Grover tuners, a golden mini Duncan designed humbucker, and a golden Duncan designed humbucker. There is two pickup volume knobs and a volume knob, with the ability to split the big humbucker. In addition to looking good, it is a pretty light guitar.

3blackpicks
    Joshm3r275 wrote: and by the way that is the wrong picture at the top :[ look at my profile for the real picture
    ] lol, i was wondering why you chose a pic that exhibited none of the features you described... ^_^ actually, read the description and look at the pic at the top. i started laughing when i paid attention to how exactly nothing was as you described. awesome.
    Soundwash22
    guitarNbass
    rancidryan
    says the one with the line 6 spiders
    driggsi424
    rancidryan wrote: guitarNbass wrote: sounds like a good guitar. but considering you are playing through a silvertone amplifier and the peavey, that annuls everything that you say about it, tone-wise. I hope that your opinion on the sound is judged off of how it sounds on the Blues Junior. maybe you should re-do it. On the bright side, I'm sure the silvertone and peavey are nice practice amplifiers :The blues junior is going to be the amplifier that gives you the most true sound of the guitar. says the one with the line 6 spiders
    So true, Spiders have awful tone.
    Joshm3r275
    haha yeah most of my tone i take off of how it plays on the blues junior. i have been at my dads for the last few months while i go to college. and by the way that is the wrong picture at the top :[ look at my profile for the real picture
    chickrawker
    Soundwash22 wrote: While I don't own this particular guitar, I do have a few Schecters and they are more than worth thier money! If you need a guitar that can handle anything from Jazz to Metal - grab a Schecter.....The C-1's are my fav.
    same. theyre sick. cheap yet good. better than good: theyre amazing. sound sick downtuned but they still sound good in standard. especuially through a peavey. shameless plug :p
    CptRevell
    UG picks the pictures. They put guitar pics on one of my bass guitar reviews
    Joshm3r275
    CptRevell wrote: UG picks the pictures. They put guitar pics on one of my bass guitar reviews
    dude that is hilarious!