V-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: V-1 Hellraiser

Purchased from: americanmusical.com

As you can probably assume, I play metal. I play it through a Line 6 Flextone III XL. I know the guitar won't reach it's full potential because I'm playing through a solid state, but this thing screams through it. The EMGs are excellent for harmonics and chugging, which most people already know. The 81 is great for rhthym playing and the 89 sounds excellent for the leads. The great thing is that both of the pickups are coil-tappable, so you could get really great cleans from the pickups as well. Overall, this guitar is aimed at the metalheads, but with the coil-taps I find it to be pretty versatile.

Overall, this is an excellent guitar for the money. It looks great, it sounds great, and it feels great. I would deffinately recommend this guitar for any metal or hard rock players. But of course, with as with any instrument, try before you buy. If you can't find this exact guitar in a store near you, try something similar like the C-1 Hellraiser models.

I haven't played a gig with this guitar, but it seems to me like it could withstand it. It has fairly high quality hardware and I don't see it crapping out any time soon. The finish seems good, but I think it could get scratched easily. Overall it seems to be a very reliable instrument.

The guitar came set up great from the factory. It came strung with D'Addario 10s, which was great as that is my preferred gauge. The action was perfect for me. Right out of the box it felt great to play. As with most Schecters, the neck might be a little thick to some people, but it feels good to me. I honestly couldn't find any real flaws with it.

Well, I've never done a review before, but here goes nothing. This beast was made in South Korea, 2008 model. It's got 24 frets, 25.5 inch scale, rosewood fretboard, gothic cross inlays, (finished)mahogony neck and body, set-neck, EMG 81-T in the bridge and the 89 in the neck. I got the string-thru model (TonePros bridge, Grover tuners) in black. It has 2 volume knobs (one for each pickup), a tone knob, and a 3-way Switch. The only thing I would want different is fot the fretboard to be ebony, but the rosewood is fine.

36mikeyb36
    These look a little funky, i'm not really a fan, but i do love my Schecter's.
    HeavyMetalHokie
    this guitar is awesome i cant wait till they come out with the white later in the year. im gonna grab it up as soon as it comes out.
    lewis...
    Does anybody know when the white version of this guitar comes out in the U.K?
    Voodoods
    Reviewer - can you comment on whether this thing nose-dives? Vs are notorious for it...
    dadudeguy
    yea they nose dive. Not too bad though. As long as your not careless it will be fine. I've got the ATX V-1, just couldn't help but give the blackouts a shot.
    Slovak_Ghost
    The 81 is great for rhthym playing and the 89 sounds excellent for the leads.
    I think you got that backwards, being that the 81 is in the bridge and the 89tw is in the neck.
    Thrasher117
    Matt1349
    Thrasher117 wrote: How thick is the neck? I have a Dean 79 V which I hate... But if it's something like a Ibanez Wizard 2 type of thing, where it's not anorexic but not obese...
    A friend of mine has the FR version of this guitar,and it's pretty chunky. I still think it's a comfortable neck to play on though.