V-1 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: V-1 Hellraiser

Price paid: C$ 560

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play through a Marshall MG full stack (2009), and even with a lesser amp (in my case, a Stagg 10 watt), this guitar DELIVERS. Personally, I play in a Death Metal band, and this guitar is perfect for anything heavy. I also play Jazz and Classical music, and I found that the coil tap feature makes it extremely versatile for all ranges of music.

Playing anything from John Lee Hooker to Necrophagist, this guitar is a great match. This is the best guitar I've ever had in the price range, and I'm never letting it out of my sight... Now it's time to open up a can of shreddage, extra chunky. Thanks for reading \m/

I swear this guitar has nine lives, I play it for hours every day, and it still feels are great as when I opened the box. I've dropped it, hit it on things, and put it through weather changes like mad, but there is not a scratch nor dent in sight. This guitar will go through hell and back, and seem like brand new.

Right off the bat I'd like to say that this guitar has one of the straightest necks I've ever seen, and after loads of playing, has had no problems with fret buzzes or any other neck problems. The neck is fat, and takes some time to get used to, but feels great to play rhythms on, as well as screaming leads. The action is amazing. It feels great to tremolo pick on on, sweep on, and all the while not detrementing the ability to bend. My only concern is that sometimes the string thru Bridge is hard to restring, though I can't imagine the hell I would go through with the FR model.

South Korean made, and ready to shred right out of the box, this guitar comes Standard with EMG 81-T and 89 pickups, a rosewood fretboard, a set neck, and beautiful gothic inlays. On the string thru Bridge model (rather than the V-1 FR version), the guitar comes equipped with grover tuners. I enjoyed all aspects of this guitar right away.