A200 review by Sheridan

Sheridan: A200

I play anything from classic rock to metal to alternative, and this guitar covers them all. I play through a HH IC-100 Combo (which I have also reviewed). Although a lot of people on here do not like EMG pickups, I personally don't see what is wrong with them. There are better pickups out there but these are not that bad. The sound is rich and full, I especially like the deep tone of the neck pickup. The guitar can do clean blues to crunchy Zeppelin to classic Guns N' Roses, catering for all of my needs.

This guitar suits exactly my styles - rock in general. The tone is above average, very good hardware, very nice finish. There is only one fault I can find - the stock pickups. As they are EMG-HZ, this may put people off, which is a shame as this is a brilliant guitar. I will probably replace the pickups in the next few months. This A200 with suit either a beginner, intermediate players or someone who is starting to get serious about guitars. Nice, rosewood fretboard, fast maple neck, no problems with the playability. Overall a brilliant guitar for the price.

The A200 should withstand live playing, it should take anything as long as you don't purposely abuse it. The hardware seems good, a solid bridge, doesn't fall out of tune and no electrical problems. The strap buttons are solid, this is quite a heavy guitar but the buttons would withstand the weight. The finish is of good quality, after already having a previous owner and heavy playing from myself, I cannot find any faults with it.

As this was brought from a previous owner, I cannot say how it is from the factory. When I recieved it, the action was very low but with no fret buzz. The pickups are at an acceptable height, may need a slight tweak. But apart from that, it was brilliant when I brought it and still is.

Solid bodied, 22 frets, set neck Les Paul styled guitar. Maple top and maple neck, rosewood fretboard with abalone neck inlays. Comes with EMG-HZ pickups. Not the best pickups, I know. 3-way toggle Switch (Rythm and Treble style) and 2 tone, 2 volume control pots. Grover style tuners, non-locking. Tune-O-Matic bridge. All the hardware is in good condition, no problems, well set-up.

Basti95
    You keep mentioning that it's good for its price... What's its price?
    Arctic Zone
    ProgJazzMath
    One word: google.
    headbang123
    ProgJazzMath wrote: Basti95 wrote: You keep mentioning that it's good for its price... What's its price? One word: google.
    Ebay would work better considering that's where he got it...
    Haydenr25
    I payed 180 from a private sale on Ebay, Sheridan's website says the RRP is 379.99 (If I remember).