A200 Review

manufacturer: Sheridan date: 06/13/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Sheridan: A200
This guitar suits exactly my styles - rock in general. The tone is above average, very good hardware, very nice finish. There is only one fault I can find - the stock pickups. Overall a brilliant guitar for the price.
 7.5
 8.4
 6.5
 2,617
review (1) pictures (6) 5 comments vote for this gear:
A200 Reviewed by: Haydenr25, on june 13, 2011

Features: Solid bodied, 22 frets, set neck Les Paul styled guitar. Maple top and maple neck, rosewood fretboard with abalone neck inlays. Comes with EMG-HZ pickups. Not the best pickups, I know. 3-way toggle Switch (Rythm and Treble style) and 2 tone, 2 volume control pots. Grover style tuners, non-locking. Tune-O-Matic bridge. All the hardware is in good condition, no problems, well set-up. // 8

Sound: I play anything from classic rock to metal to alternative, and this guitar covers them all. I play through a HH IC-100 Combo (which I have also reviewed). Although a lot of people on here do not like EMG pickups, I personally don't see what is wrong with them. There are better pickups out there but these are not that bad. The sound is rich and full, I especially like the deep tone of the neck pickup. The guitar can do clean blues to crunchy Zeppelin to classic Guns N' Roses, catering for all of my needs. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: As this was brought from a previous owner, I cannot say how it is from the factory. When I recieved it, the action was very low but with no fret buzz. The pickups are at an acceptable height, may need a slight tweak. But apart from that, it was brilliant when I brought it and still is. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The A200 should withstand live playing, it should take anything as long as you don't purposely abuse it. The hardware seems good, a solid bridge, doesn't fall out of tune and no electrical problems. The strap buttons are solid, this is quite a heavy guitar but the buttons would withstand the weight. The finish is of good quality, after already having a previous owner and heavy playing from myself, I cannot find any faults with it. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar suits exactly my styles - rock in general. The tone is above average, very good hardware, very nice finish. There is only one fault I can find - the stock pickups. As they are EMG-HZ, this may put people off, which is a shame as this is a brilliant guitar. I will probably replace the pickups in the next few months. This A200 with suit either a beginner, intermediate players or someone who is starting to get serious about guitars. Nice, rosewood fretboard, fast maple neck, no problems with the playability. Overall a brilliant guitar for the price. // 9

Comments