A400 Review

9.6
 1,322
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
A400 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 28, 2011

Purchased from: purpleturtletrading on ebay

Features: Solid Bodied, 22 frets, Set Neck, chose of worn red or white (I got the worm red), Maple top and Maple neck with a Rosewood finger board with trapezoid inlays, SG style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, Passive electronics, 3 EMG-HZ open coil humbuckers, Volume for each pick-up, One Tone knob and 3 way selector, Tuners are non-locking, The website says Grover style tuners but mine are Grover. I would have liked a tone for each pick-up but that would be over crowded really. // 9

Sound: It is great for rock, metal and other heavier stuff but it is still surprising great for slower bluesy style as well. The SG was, I guess, made famous by AC/DC so no surprises that it plays there songs great. I use so 15 watt amp, not sure of the make and a Zoom G2.1U pedal with it. The noise is very full on full and bright on full tone, it can make good squeals. It is great as you have full control over the all the pickups it can make pretty much any sound. A lot of people say they do not like the EMG-HZ humbuckers but I do not see the problem and nor does my friend. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well by the shop I bought it from, although it did have a loose input but me and my friend easily fixed it. The bridge was properly routed and the pickups were adjusted well. There were no real flaws other than the loose input. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar could but happily gigged and played live. The pickups are very good and well fitted so I think that the hardware will definitely last. The strap buttons are very good and solid, despite being slightly neck heavy (like most SG style guitars) I have no fear of them coming off.I would gig with it without a backup as it is a very good guitar. The finish is very good and seems like it will last a lot of playing. // 10

Overall Impression: I like to play rock and other styles like the RHCP and AC/DC and this guitar really does cover them all. I have been playing guitar for about 4 years, but this guitar only a short while but it has made a big impression. If this guitar was stolen or lost I would defiantly buy another one the same or similar. I love the colour and how it feels as it is not heavy at all and sits very nicely. I chose to get this guitar because I love the SG style shape and I had seen it before and liked it a lot, and then found it for half price I was stunned and had to get it. My favourite feature for me is definitely the shape and weight of it, and the lovely scratch plate. The only thing I wish it had was more reviews, that is why I am writing this :P. I hope if you do get this guitar you enjoy it as much as I do. // 10

Comments