Telecaster review by Shine

Shine: Telecaster

Purchased from: eBay

This guitar is extremely versatile, I play punk, rock, metal and ska and it handles these no problem. I'm using it through a Marshall MG30DFX and it sounds beautiful. The bridge pup is very warm and bluesy, with some distortion you start getting some punk/ska type sounds. The neck pup is very bassy and great for metal. I was not expecting this kind of sound from a guitar that cost me less than a Encore!

For any style of music, this is a great buy, it beats any guitar in its price range (Vintages, Squires, Encores, some Epi's). I've been playing for 3 years and have ownen Encore, Squire, Vintage and Epiphone guitars, this one beats them all. If it was lost or stolen I would definately buy it again, I love this guitar. My only dislike is the pickup selector.

This guitar would definately withstand live playing-no doubt about it. The hardware will last but you must buy strap locks as the strap pins are placed in a strange position (as it's a Tele) so without straplocks it just slides off. I wouldn't use this guitar without a backup, but no guitarist should ever gig without a backup. This guitar seems like it will last for a long time.

The guitar was set up perfectly, no two inch high action (I'm looking at you Encore). The only problem was the plastic stuff they put over the pickguard was stuck around the neck and the neck pup, nothing a craft knife and a steady hand cant sort out. No rusted hardware, tuners are great but I have a comment about the pup selector. It is placed very close to the volume knob and the selector has a massive black end on it, sometimes when I go to change the pup my hand turns the volume down-could be a problem when playing live.

This guitar was made in China, not too sure of the year but it must be fairly recent. It has 21 frets that are small/medium size. It has a beautiful Tobaco Sunburst finish - I was amazed by this as I was expecting a cheap looking thing, my god was I wrong. Tele style bridge, came with a lead and some allen keys.