Telecaster review by Shine

Shine: Telecaster

Purchased from: eBay

I mainly play Rock and Roll and Blues and this guitar suits both of those styles perfectly. The neck pickup can provide the low, warm tones of a blues rythem, to the bright, sharp lead solo of a rock song. The only problem I have with this guitar's sound is that both the pickups when used individually can cause some noise, but nothing a noise gate cant fix. Also the bridge pickup can sound a little muffled but it is still good quility sound.

In my year of playing this guitar has done me proud and held up against some accidental abuse. It matches my music very well and if it were lost or stolen I would definatly consider a replacement. There really is nothing I hate about this guitar and and my favorite feature if definatly the Tabaco Sunburst finish which compared to some other cheap companies is of very good quality. In the future I may consider replacing the pickups with american Tele pickups but the ones on there are just fine.

I am completly confident that this guitar will withstand live playing due to its impecable maintianance record and its solidity. I think that the guitars hardware could withstand a beating before causing any trouble (dropped on a Radiator, no problems) and the strap buttons are sollid. When I am gigging in a few months I will not use a Backup guitar. The finish also has sustained daily playing for half a year without any visible wear.

From the box I found that the guitar played well from the factory set up and, to this day, exept for a re-alignment of the bridge, I have not modified the action at all or the pickups for that matter as I was able to play with ease on the setup. One small thing I did notice was that when I removed the jack hole for maintainance a few pieces of sawdust fell out but it did not concern me. Another plus point was that my friend has owned two supposedly good quality guitars (Squire Strat, Epi Les Paul) both developed problems with their hardware while I have never had any issues.

Firstly, I am very impressed with this guitar on the whole. It has a Telecaster style body in a beautiful Tabacco Sunburst finish (which impressed me greatly) and a perloid scratchplate. The neck has a rosewood fretboard and is of Maple with non-locking tele-style tuners, it has 22 standard frets. It has a passive electronic circuit with a volume control, a tone control and a three way selector. The guitar has two pickups, one single coil metal plate neck and a single coil bridge, both, I assume, made by Shine. Unfortunatly my guitar did not include any accessories but overall I am very impressed with the quality as I was expecting a cheap-ish copy, the guitar blends well with my friend's Squire Strats and is comparable to his Epi Les Paul.

rv_phoenix
    A 9 for Shine's features? How much would you rate an Ibanez, then? A 110? Basicly, Shine is an acceptable very cheap brand, because it makes instruments you can actually play on and improve with good results. They craft the wood quite well, and sometimes they even have good wood, especially for their hi-end guitars. But 8,8 and 8,4 is way too much for an instrument with stock Korean pickups and bad hardware. And I say so because, if you go the Fender reviews, you'll certainly notice the original Telecaster getting about the same marks. Although it stays in tune very well, it has a beautiful "twang" sound and its saddles never rust. Not to mention the tone control, who isn't a well-disguised on/ off switch, like here...
    ynys
    Shine guitars seem good value and promising. A pity the reviewer was not more specific about the model number.