Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro

Purchased from: Guitar Mania

The pickups can create a great heavy sound or a cool rock sound. The clean setting is angelic. I use a Marshall MG30DFX and the guitar creates great and clear sounds. If the you use the right pickup setting you can get create really good sounds.

This guitar is good for Metallica and Kiss and can create some really perfect sounds for these types of music. I've been playing it for half a year and haven't changed or thought about changing and have not regretted buying it. I got it in a sale but I would have payed the full price for it. If it was stolen I would buy it again. I love the shape of it and the weight ration is quite good and looks great live. It has a smooth fretboard which is easy to play. The only thing I have against this guitar is that it has no whammy bar but I've dont need one.

This guitar is very durable and reliable and sounds best loud. It can take a lot of damage and the pickups have lasted and I would use it in a gig without backup (unless the strings broke). The finish has lasted and the neck hasn't become sticky from sweat.

The guitar was setup okay from the factory. I found I need to raise some of the strings so they didn't bang against the fret board. I had to raise the pickups which improved the sound. Apart from that the finish is great and any scratches dont show up (unless you have a magnifying glass), I've banged it agains the wall several times and no dents have developed (I mean big bangs). The body looks great and the diamond inlay markers look great.

This great guitar has a mahogany through neck with a rosewood fret board with 22 frets. The Agathis body is quite easy to play sitting and looks great. It has two Duncan humbucker pickups which sound great in clean and distorted settings. It has non-locking Grover which are easy to tune and down tune to my liking.