Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro review by Silvertone

Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro

I play mostly heavy metal in drop c or with a capo, because of the large thick base it gives a deep rich sound, I'm using a 400W Behringer BG412H cabinet with matching head and the sound is overwhelmingly powerful, I'm using a V-Amp 2 for effects and this guitar gives the clearest sound clean or distorted. There is a huge difference when switching the 3-way selector but you get a very muffled sound when selecting the bass pickup so I only play it on treble.

Awsome for playing metal when it comes to sound, feel and look.I've been playing for 8 years, I have a Fender Strat usa, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, a Flying V and an Eko ranger 12 string. this is by far my favourite guitar. I would consider suicide if this was lost or stolen, I love everything about what this guitar has to offer. The only issues I have is the positioning of the straps, both strap bolts are on the back which causes the strap to be a bit awkward sometimes, the pointy bit on the left of the base on the picture above chaffs your nipple if you play on your lap and the neck is a bit heavy. But those are little nitpics compared to the advantages. Definately the best buy out there and I'm not exagorating!

Single set piece meanse there is no warping like bolt-on necks and the whole thing is extremely rigig and firm, the tuners have almost no tension, the finish will last a long while, I've played in the rain and the only thing that got damaged was the strings that rusted (don't ask me why I was playing in the rain). Very dependable but as always you must have a backup ready.

There is no tension on this guitar, I play low-actioned and this guitar is perfect for barre chords and shredding. Personally I think the bass pickup isn't adjusted properly because I get a muffled toneless sound when playing with the selector on bass or mid.

Single set piece, 22 frets, 3/4 neck, laminated, 3-way Duncan Design humbucking pickups, non-locking chrome nobs/tuners. Mahogany neck/body, rosewood fretboard. Diamond cut fret symbols. Hammertone finish on laminate. "V" style body. Tune-O-Matic bridge, I got a triangle gig case with a purple fluff interior.